a n00b question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a n00b question

(I tried the search function but didn't find anything)

I just spectated a match and cycled through all the players. Sometimes there is a slight delay between the switching. But this time I clicked... ...and on one player the view relocked, as if this player is twice on the server. I tried it 5 times, zoomed in a little and clicked: and the 3rd person view relocked on the same player again.

And here my n00b question...: ...could it be that there was a (n aim-)bot with this player...??? The match ended too soon, so I couldn't spectate him anymore... ..and he left.
    Just want to know if this might be an indication??

It's an interesting idea but surely it isn't as simple as that to determine who is using an aimbot? If it is then there's been a shedload of debate on the subject when the answer was staring us right in the face

I've never experienced what you're describing, btw.

Comment

Re: a n00b question

Originally posted by fuegerstef
      (I tried the search function but didn't find anything)

I just spectated a match and cycled through all the players. Sometimes there is a slight delay between the switching. But this time I clicked... ...and on one player the view relocked, as if this player is twice on the server. I tried it 5 times, zoomed in a little and clicked: and the 3rd person view relocked on the same player again.

And here my n00b question...: ...could it be that there was a (n aim-)bot with this player...??? The match ended too soon, so I couldn't spectate him anymore... ..and he left.
      Just want to know if this might be an indication??
      I've also experienced this, I think it happens when people are in the server, but are not actually on the map - ie they've died and not respawned, or haven't spawned at all.

Comment

Re: Re: a n00b question

Originally posted by Spoonman
        I've also experienced this, I think it happens when people are in the server, but are not actually on the map - ie they've died and not respawned, or haven't spawned at all.
        THat player was actally playing, running around shooting, sticking Grenades to enemy Mantas. And while he was doing this, I clicked, and the camera locked onto the same player again as if it changed to another one.
        SO one of my thoughts were, that there is another (invisible) instance of a pawn there...

Comment

Just some sort of glitch. I've had the same thing happen when I spectate and there definately weren't any cheats happening when these glitches happened. And I've spec'ed aimbotters where this type of glitch doesn't happen. So, it's just a random glitch to be categorized with the same type of glitch when you see multiple instances of the same player in the server browser.

Comment

Don't know what could be doing it. Reminds me of people getting stuck in lifts on DM-1on1-Mosaic2004. I've watched players split into 2 separate copies. :haha:

Comment

Working...
            X