Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people still play this game? Continued. . .

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Hedge_o_Matic
    It's ironic that this subject has to be "continued" so many times. How many years will we have to discuss how this game is dying before we realize... we've been playing it for years!
    It has to be continued because people with the ability to close threads are also the same people who do not believe/choose to dismiss/supress UT2k4's online playing number's are in decline. Gamespy is reporting UT2k4 has less that 2.5k players and is in 8th (compaired to Q3 with just over 3k in 6th, or Halo 2 on XBOXLive with about 10k stats (although their stats are currently down)). I cannot find 'historical' stats as yet... but I still seek them...

We have been discussing in more detail the subjects as the 'pro' community dropoff, the clan player and clan activity dropoff, and the new players/n00b lack of adoption/dropoff.

There are (if I recall) 3 prongs to this statement:

1. Pro players leaving for other games where there is money. UT2k4 failing to make it as a game for money making competitions (but the lieks of Doom3, painkiller and Quake are making it).
    2. Clanners and clans closing down, ladders with decreasing/failing activity. Clans that have been 'involved in UT for years' suddenly idling.
    3. No-one 'new' buying the game, and casual players who DID buy the game no longer playing it (for whatever reason be it the game is no good, through to new games taking their interest).

A forth argument stems from the lack (or abundance) of the modding scene.

The counter argument seems to be.

No it's not, I can always get a game.
    You have no stats to PROVE this (and the stats include bots).
    *I* still play it and I love it and you don't so you're a lier or something.
    No-one will leave UT2k4 (until Q4 comes out anyway).

I think that's about right...

/puts on his flame-retardant suit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    http://www.cannibalholocaust.net/

This has got to be a joke, right? Looks way to much like a borrowed idea from the BWP...

Edit: I see it was made in 1980? Looks like BWP plagerised the idea quite extensively, lol.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This game aint dead before I am.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's ironic that this subject has to be "continued" so many times. How many years will we have to discuss how this game is dying before we realize... we've been playing it for years!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wanna se a great horror flick get the cannibal holocaust movies, now that's horror

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haven't read anything by him. But I can say that The Talisman and Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub was rather good books. Both have ties with Kings Dark Tower series. Plus The Talisman is being made into a movie. Horror and Fantasy mix.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Back ON TOPIC (hijacked, k, thx),

Highly recommended from HPL would be "At The Mountains Of Madness," and any of his dream related works. A personal favorite of mine is "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath," but it's pretty deep and meshed in the fantastic. Kind of a blend of horror and fantasy in the best possible way. Stephen King and modern pulp horror writers are pimples on the collective literary a$$ of HPL IMO.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    On topic,
    I have a little play in a while, then the game gets annoying. Don't play for another month.

So, basically, no.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It is! It's just in the process of being Hijacked.

I still play. When ever I am not working. :sour:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    /back-reads

Oh it's the 'horror movie thread'! Sorry I thought this was the 'do people still play Unreal thread!

My mistake!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by djini_hades
    Does anyone have any stats over time to show an increase in players, holding steady, or decreasing players over the last few months?

We can all get stats, but HAS anyone recorded them since the game was released (or shortly after).

//they have to be from a reputable source
    Quit trying to hijack back our hijacked thread **** you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone have any stats over time to show an increase in players, holding steady, or decreasing players over the last few months?

We can all get stats, but HAS anyone recorded them since the game was released (or shortly after).

//they have to be from a reputable source

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by lddbck
    OK OK! Just let me know when you return them.
    k thx. :haha:

Originally posted by blh
    I don't usually like gory stuff like that, but Reanimator I liked a lot, cause it's Lovecraft. Well close enough for the movies anyhow.
    Man, I love Lovecraft. I have alot of the books, some out of print. It amazes me how so many movies "borrowed" from his ideas and mythology. He was an inspiration to modern horror writers everywhere, and continues to have some of the most entertaining horror shorts ever written IMO. His writing is highly recommended for those of you who enjoy the genre.

http://www.hplovecraft.com/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by nightstormer
    lol, all your thread belong to us. :up:

Think I'm gonna take a girly and go see something spooky this weekend. Saw or Grudge? Recommendations?
    I don't usually like gory stuff like that, but Reanimator I liked a lot, cause it's Lovecraft. Well close enough for the movies anyhow.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK OK! Just let me know when you return them.

On second thought...... bet I can beat you to the store!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X