Ya know what's weird about ut2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOOMHAT
    from my direct link to tim sweeny's brain i can tell you that the unreal engine version 4 will set new standards for post-death-karma-skeleton-breaking-and-manipulation-simulation.
    Its physics engine includes a tension algorithm that makes it so if a certain amount of force is exerted on a limb, it tears off.

Comment

Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
      I stabbed my little sister with a knife earlier today, but her body never dissolved into data and she never respawned like they do in Unreal! She just bled out on the floor! What the ****!?
      you're right! :up: I think that RL is bad because the bleeding stuff is too much : , it's just like if we had 5 liters of blood in our body:bulb: . normally, you just gib and don't let a big horrible spot of spreading blood on the floor GOD FIXX!!

Comment

I wish the gibs looked scorched and resembled body parts. That's all I ask.

Comment

Where would be the fun in having corpses being completely vapourized?

The skeleton was an easy effect to make. They just took the existing ragdoll and changed the player model with a skeleton one.
          Having each separate bone fly off would also take a massive amount of cpu power I think as each bone would be it's own karma object.

It's just what happened as a result from "wouldn't this look neat without too much work required".

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzlebunny
            Having each separate bone fly off would also take a massive amount of cpu power I think as each bone would be it's own karma object.
            They could implement it the way they currently implement gibs, which takes virtually no CPU.

That said, I like the skeletons.:up:

Comment

Silly me, yeah that could work.

But eh, is it really that big of an issue? Make a mutator or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_anarchy
                you know what? It's UNREAL
                lol. That's the BEST excuse I hear nowadays!

Comment

Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
                  I stabbed my little sister with a knife earlier today, but her body never dissolved into data and she never respawned like they do in Unreal! She just bled out on the floor! What the ****!?
                  Now thats just sick! . Was this an accident, or did you try this for real, or should I say UNREAL.

As for the topic: it's just an effect to please ones eyes! oh and this is a game, we can do anything in a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gyro
                    Originally posted by Captain_anarchy
                    you know what? It's UNREAL
                    lol. That's the BEST excuse I hear nowadays!
                    I don't think it's an excuse, it's true. The game's so fun because so many things in it are unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambdah
                      I don't think it's an excuse, it's true.
                      That's the second best excuse

No but seriously the game has much realism in it and some unrealism so it's not 100% unreal (barely 20% actually). If it was 100% unreal then I would have expected the authors to remove all realism from the game making it some sord of weird 4D game with time flowing backwards, characters standing on their heads and jumping around like that, vehicles look like rocks, shapeshifting terrain, etc... Use your imagination. That would be unreal

Comment

Originally posted by Gyro
                        Ya know what's weird about ut2004?
                        The people who play it are by far the weirdest thing about this game.

And I do include myself in that number.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Eric
                          The people who play it are by far the weirdest thing about this game.

And I do include myself in that number.
                          No. :bulb: One acronym, 4 words: LARP, Live Action Role-Play.

Comment

LOL! Lightning, lightning!

Comment

Originally posted by vhx
                              Because this isn't Mortal Kombat. :weird:
                              :up:

Comment

Epic's sister comapny (namely Septic) should make a new game called Real Tournament, it'l like the sims except we kill eachother and then go 2 prison for years :up:

I think the sarcasm should end now

Comment

Working...
                                X