Player Highlighting and you (no 56k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    same idea, not like i need brightskins for someone close to me, so it only helps at distance anyways

exact same concept, different implementation

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't access it either, internet exploder sucks >_<

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yay 4 para!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xipher
    Bright skins are quite a bit different, first off they look messed up. This is more like a aura aroudnt the player, and doesn't look so "HEY IM HERE", it helps out a little, but its not so ugly. Brightskins are actually alot easier to see then this. and you also don't see the corona when the player gets closer to you, unlike bright skins.
    Yeah but highlighting just says: "HEY LOOK AT MY GLOWING CR*TCH!"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bright skins are quite a bit different, first off they look messed up. This is more like a aura aroudnt the player, and doesn't look so "HEY IM HERE", it helps out a little, but its not so ugly. Brightskins are actually alot easier to see then this. and you also don't see the corona when the player gets closer to you, unlike bright skins.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    eh?? ina likes this? i thought most of you guys hated brightskins

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Funny thing. Turned this on last night, and while I was playing on Cains CTF server, I did notice a difference in visiblity. I forgot about turnning this on and didn't realize how much of a difference it actually can make.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Player Highlighting and you (no 56k)

Originally posted by |Robot|Paragon

Skin adjustment
    Seems like your host can't be reached (I've got a connection timeout).
    Is it just me?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    :up:

Best explanation I've seen yet... I didn't even know how to do that. I made sure anything even remotely corona- related was turned off in my config because the coronas on light sources will do rotten things to your aim . Thanks for straightening me out on that.

One thing those sshots won't show you, though, is movement. I generally do all my target- detection at range by watching for movement, and in UT2k4 that's especially easy since stasis generally = death. So it's not too difficult to spot enemies without any kind of jazzing up of the skins.

Don't want to start an argument, though... excellent and very useful tut you've got there, gj.

And yeah, I'm with Paragon on the sticky thing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Really should be stickied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: Player Highlighting and you (no 56k)

Originally posted by placebo
    That's a biased demonstration, since there isn't a consistent gamma between shots. :down:
    At the end there is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Player Highlighting and you (no 56k)

Due to some threads ive seen lately, I am once again bringing you this tutorial on how to enable player highlighting on the client side. This option has been in UT since the beginning but alot dont know how to set it correctly yet. Just haveing it enabled on the sevrer isnt enough.

Skin adjustment
    That's a biased demonstration, since there isn't a consistent gamma between shots. :down:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ooh, thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Me thinks this should be stickied for all to view as they enter since it is part of the game as Epic made it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Again, its not light coronas. This setting has 0 effect on lights. it is solely for the player highlighting. Yes i know it says coronas but its not what your thinking and is not the setting in the GUI which says coronas.
    ! I shall try it then. Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X