No announcement yet.

Player Highlighting and you (no 56k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bright skins are quite a bit different, first off they look messed up. This is more like a aura aroudnt the player, and doesn't look so "HEY IM HERE", it helps out a little, but its not so ugly. Brightskins are actually alot easier to see then this. and you also don't see the corona when the player gets closer to you, unlike bright skins.

Comment

Originally posted by Xipher
      Bright skins are quite a bit different, first off they look messed up. This is more like a aura aroudnt the player, and doesn't look so "HEY IM HERE", it helps out a little, but its not so ugly. Brightskins are actually alot easier to see then this. and you also don't see the corona when the player gets closer to you, unlike bright skins.
      Yeah but highlighting just says: "HEY LOOK AT MY GLOWING CR*TCH!"

Comment

yay 4 para!

Comment

I can't access it either, internet exploder sucks >_<

Comment

same idea, not like i need brightskins for someone close to me, so it only helps at distance anyways

exact same concept, different implementation

Comment

OMG..
              I thought everyone knew how to do this.

But there is something else you can try..
              Dont use player highlighting, keep the gama up a lil bit, and use the sniper rifle or LG to scan and hit opponents at large distances. In theory, they should have the exact same visual problems as you do, making it even.

From the distances shown here, the opponent should just be a flicker on the screen, and if you lower the gama just a bit, you go even more into the area where players arent MENT to be seen. Its not a design flaw in the game or nothing, its ment to be that way.

No matter how much people want this to be an arena type of game where you just jump in and find a target and shoot, some maps arent designed that way. There are dark spots, corners and distances. Turning up the gama and using player highlight/bright skins removes alot of the emersion, and alot of the thinking that makes the game what it is.

Its a good tute and all, but IMO, its still a handicap...

Comment

I disagree, I don't think epic planned for players to run around as abbadon and matrix hiding in the shadows, waiting for a kill... that's just not ut style. ut has been about in your face fragging since day one, leave the shadow camping to "realistic" ww2 shooters

Comment

Then why the LG effect and smoke puff?
                  Why include a sniper at all?

There have always been sniper points and hiding spots in the game as well. Hell, Im sure plenty of us have ran around a corner, crouched, and plugged the guy chasing us..

There are many styles of play..

Comment

so how high DO you set your gamma without everything getting all washed out?

Comment

this won't get me kicked for cheats will it?

Comment

This is not a cheat, its built into the game. No need for external mods of any kind its simply the exact reason you have the option to turn on player highlighting in the web admin. Otherwise that setting has no effect on players.

Comment

I never got this to work, shrug. I edited the file as instructed but no cigar.

I've heavily edited my user.ini and ut2004.ini, are there any other settings that are dependant that I need to fix for it to work?

Comment

Originally posted by |Robot|Paragon
                            This is not a cheat, its built into the game. No need for external mods of any kind its simply the exact reason you have the option to turn on player highlighting in the web admin. Otherwise that setting has no effect on players.
                            Its not a cheat, and the its optional localy even with the admin enabling it.

Comment

You can also turn this on without having to edit the ini file. Choose an Instant Action game of any type, go to the Game Rules Tab and check the "Enable Player Highlighting" box.
                              I don't know why they hid it there and not have it as an option in the main settings menu.

Comment

The server MUST have player highlighting enabled. If it does not this will not function.

Comment

Working...
                                X