Player Highlighting and you (no 56k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Player Highlighting and you (no 56k)

Due to some threads ive seen lately, I am once again bringing you this tutorial on how to enable player highlighting on the client side. This option has been in UT since the beginning but alot dont know how to set it correctly yet. Just haveing it enabled on the sevrer isnt enough.

Skin adjustment

Great explenation and visualization :up:

Comment

I don't like having coronas on. I'll just stick with UTComp ^_^

Comment

Nice idd. :up:

Oh btw, it's gamma.

Comment

Again, its not light coronas. This setting has 0 effect on lights. it is solely for the player highlighting. Yes i know it says coronas but its not what your thinking and is not the setting in the GUI which says coronas.

Comment

Originally posted by |Robot|Paragon
            Again, its not light coronas. This setting has 0 effect on lights. it is solely for the player highlighting. Yes i know it says coronas but its not what your thinking and is not the setting in the GUI which says coronas.
            ! I shall try it then. Thanks

Comment

Me thinks this should be stickied for all to view as they enter since it is part of the game as Epic made it.

Comment

ooh, thank you very much!

Comment

Re: Player Highlighting and you (no 56k)

Due to some threads ive seen lately, I am once again bringing you this tutorial on how to enable player highlighting on the client side. This option has been in UT since the beginning but alot dont know how to set it correctly yet. Just haveing it enabled on the sevrer isnt enough.

Skin adjustment
                  That's a biased demonstration, since there isn't a consistent gamma between shots. :down:

Comment

Re: Re: Player Highlighting and you (no 56k)

Originally posted by placebo
                    That's a biased demonstration, since there isn't a consistent gamma between shots. :down:
                    At the end there is.

Comment

Really should be stickied

Comment

:up:

Best explanation I've seen yet... I didn't even know how to do that. I made sure anything even remotely corona- related was turned off in my config because the coronas on light sources will do rotten things to your aim . Thanks for straightening me out on that.

One thing those sshots won't show you, though, is movement. I generally do all my target- detection at range by watching for movement, and in UT2k4 that's especially easy since stasis generally = death. So it's not too difficult to spot enemies without any kind of jazzing up of the skins.

Don't want to start an argument, though... excellent and very useful tut you've got there, gj.

And yeah, I'm with Paragon on the sticky thing.

Comment

Re: Player Highlighting and you (no 56k)

Skin adjustment
                          Seems like your host can't be reached (I've got a connection timeout).
                          Is it just me?

Comment

Funny thing. Turned this on last night, and while I was playing on Cains CTF server, I did notice a difference in visiblity. I forgot about turnning this on and didn't realize how much of a difference it actually can make.

Comment

eh?? ina likes this? i thought most of you guys hated brightskins

Comment

Working...
                              X