[OT] Intel or AMD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT] Intel or AMD?

So, which CPU maker do you guys believe is the best? AMD or Intel?

I personally think Intel stuff is great (I own Intel stuff), but AMD has an edge on performance (Plus Tim Sweeney is an AMD fan...I think, so that's cool )

Erm. You trying to incite a flamewar or something?
    Anyways I'll play nice...for now.

Intel--> Better for developers (not necessarily coders, but people who use powerful apps. I.e. 3dsmax)
    AMD--> Better for gamers

Being an avid gamer I chose AMD and will continue to do so unless Intel pull a wildcard out of the hat.
    But I also do use the powerful apps (Adobe Premiere, another example) but I'm sure the difference is negligible.

Therefore AMD is my pick. Oh lets not forget the prices hehe.:up:

Comment

Had both. Used them both. AMD is a dream compared to Intel in my opinion. This opinion based SOELY on my experiances.

[EDIT]

Oh and...
      [flame]
      STFU... you don't know *****. My chips the roxxorz... Urs is the suxxorz.
      [/flame]

Comment

AMD. Intel is for retards that like to waste money on crappy products.

Comment

My last two computers use AMD's, but Intel still makes good stuff, and I wouldn't hesitate getting one from them.

Comment

Nah, I don't want a flamewar, just want to know the Unreal community's opinion

I think that AMD is definitely the technology leader and speed king, but hyperthreading makes multitasking great, and the overclockability is unmatched

I've run both AMD and Intel machine's and i'd be more than happy to upgrade to either one when I upgrade

Comment

Edit: Double Post

Comment

I like intel
                I would buy a amd 64 tho

Comment

No flame-thrower here... gonna fight the fan-boy-ism and say no to flaming

I like both AMD's and Intels. I personally own a 2-year-old Intel and prefer them for stability and support, but the newest AMD's have surpassed Intels for raw gaming performance. I also do plenty of DVD-ripping and video conversions, so Intels CPU's are still viable for my purposes.

I'm still undecided on what my next box will be (this 2-year old P4-2.53 ghz is starting to show its age), but whatever it is, it WILL have SLI for maximum video frame rates.

Comment

do intel chips have 64 bit support yet?

Comment

Intel is da bomb.

Comment

I got my AMD 64 FX about 3 weeks ago and i wont go back to Intel. And i use to be a hardcore intel pusher lol

Comment

Intel use dated parts when reproducing their hardware.

Comment

IMB970FX [G5]

Comment

I've been an Intel fanboy for years...but AMD all the way now! I'm waiting for nforce4 SLI to come out this month to upgrade my pc:alien:

Comment

Working...
                              X