Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT]- Asus A8V Deluxe and Sata Drives

Okay, so I finally got a new computer!

However, I haven't had any luck getting xp installed.

I have an asus A8V deluxe mobo, and a single(1) Western Digital 120gb Sata Drive. I haven't had any luck getting it to install. So If any of you have a similar system, could you please outline what steps you used to get it to function.

Thanks,
    Snore

There should be a SATA driver disk that came with the mobo.

If not, you can go to the web site and download it. It'll probably be a program that asks for a 1.4MB floppy.

When you install windows it goes through a stage where it says "press S to install storage drivers". Something like that anyway. It's on the blue screens when you first start the install process.
    Press the key it tells you to and put the floppy in the drive and follow the on screen instructions to get the driver installed.

Hopefully someone can be a little more precise than me, thought I post anyway just in case you don't get any responses!

Comment

Thanks for the reply cosmicnut I've gotten that far, and then Xp tells me that no mass storage controller found.

Snore

Comment

You've got to create a driver disk (1.44 floppy). There should be Promise*** SATA drivers on the CD that came with the motherboard... if you don't have that CD then ASUS should have them for download.

Once you've put the appropriate drivers on the disk, you start your installation. At the very beginning of the installation, it asks for you to press F2 for additional drivers. Press F2 a few times (since it doesn't instantly do anything and you want to make sure you pressed it at the right time).

It will then load a few drivers and bring you to a menu where it asks you if you want to install the additional drivers. You press S (I think), and it will read the floppy disk. Select Windows XP Promise SATA (or whatever it says) and then it will load the drivers.

After that you're done and you can continue the installation as normal.

Comment

Working...
        X