[OT-Question] Buying a new Vidcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT-Question] Buying a new Vidcard

Im planning to buy a new vid card tomorrow at the HCC event in Utrecht, The netherlands, but i was wondering a casual Ati Radeon9800 pro costs now arround the 200/240 euro's would it be a good idea to go for this one, or wait for a other new cards like the Geforce6600 wich is in the price class of 190 euro, I hope you guys understand what i mean/want, would like to have your opinions on this one!

greetz :up:

dunno

Comment

Originally posted by coldplasma
      dunno
      uhu.... troll?? or do u serious dont have ANY idea? a classm8 of mine said i should better wait for the Geforce6600 AGP version, instead of getting a older card like the radeon9800 pro.... :weird:

Comment

iirc, the 6600 was designed just for PCIe. saying that you shouldn't get an older card just because it's 'older' is like buying a geforce fx5200 over a gf4 ti4200..the ti4200 performs 2x as good as the fx5200

just because it is older, doesn't mean it is crapper

Comment

9800pro is hte way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie|
            9800pro is hte way to go.
            :up:

Comment

Get a 6600...prepare for SLI

Comment

Originally posted by te®m
                :up:
                the card is 2 years old, and im running now on a gf4 ti4200, would it be a good buy? or has anyone else a nice recommedation? for like 200 euro??

the gf6600 is PCI express only atm, wich i dont have...

Comment

Originally posted by WileyPeyote
                  Get a 6600...prepare for SLI
                  2 6600's in SLI aren't as good as one 6800GT/Ultra

Comment

I bought a pro 9800 and i had t1 4200 also. first imperssion is very unstable drivers firewall and antivirus crashes bluscreens and i had to remove microsoft mouse explorer3 so i have mx 500 now -my old one mouse and i didnt install usb 2.0 either becase i think this had to do wiht the crashes to(DMA?) And i had to reinstall windows ME in a new folder 2. Old katalyst 4.4 or the new 4.10 didnt help me either .Now i run with old 4.4 (came with the card)and i dont have no options for antialasing or nothing but the card is good you cant run in 1600x but still assault lags for me or did with the 4.10 and antialsing 6x in 640x (cpu is 2400 ram 512)

Comment

after being informed by lots of people, wich all said go for the gf6600... ( but dont got PCI-xpress ) im gonna look out today for the GF6800 LE, wich is very easy to OC towards the 6800 GT... and wich is also in the price class off 200/250 euro

Comment

its a average card nowdays, its not terrible (Like mine) but it isn't like a "OMG OMG THAT C4RD IS T3h L33T!!" either.

i would reccomend you buy it if you looking at that kind of price range.

Comment

I would not recommend going for a Radeon 9800 Pro, the card is going to show its age rather quickly now. It's still an OK purchase though.

I'd suggest a Geforce 6800 GT. It's an excellent card for a reasonable price, sadly not in Europe it seems, so good luck :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by laymur
                            2 6600's in SLI aren't as good as one 6800GT/Ultra
                            Yes but it's half the price (give or take a little) I am planning on buying an nForce 4 SLI mobo later this month when they come out and an Athlon 64 (not sure which yet). That kills most of my budget so I am going to go for a single 6600 then when the 6800 Ultra comes down to $200 or so I will buy one then another later. I paid $300 for my G4 Ti4600 when it came out...I think this is a better way to go then spending a big chunk of cash at one...for me anyway.

Comment

my advice would be try to hold on a while and maybe scrape a few more euro's together and see what you can get in the christmas sales

Comment

Working...
                              X