Sound Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KhaaL
    yep i tried them, but nothing would cure the plauge crackling from my SB Live! card. and yes i've tried everything. actually i've went and tried BEYOND everything (even installed chineese unofficial drivers as a desperate last effort without any sucsess)
    That sounds like the same problem the Abit IC-7 has, whch is a mother board chipset problem with Intel 875. Noise from this PCI buss.

Yes I have a SC sound card and I love it. I bought mine when it first came out for $75. I think they have a new offering with updated specs to match the SB cards. Remember: A friend does not let his friend buy a Sound Blaster.

Comment

Originally posted by HornDog_ut2k3
      That sounds like the same problem the Abit IC-7 has, whch is a mother board chipset problem with Intel 875. Noise from this PCI buss.

Yes I have a SC sound card and I love it. I bought mine when it first came out for $75. I think they have a new offering with updated specs to match the SB cards. Remember: A friend does not let his friend buy a Sound Blaster.

actually im on VIA chipset, and this problem was known but fixed with their later 4-in1 drivers. however, that didnt work for me, nor spread spectrum or anything else i've tried. its something about windows XP that its dosent like. well, thats what you get when you combine the products from two big companies i guess

Comment

..i have that same fuzz noise on an nFoce2 chipset with a Socket A Processor.

We should all buy one of those cards :noob:

Comment

Originally posted by 0V3RC10CK3D
          ..i have that same fuzz noise on an nFoce2 chipset with a Socket A Processor.

We should all buy one of those cards :noob:
          I should say that I have not noise problems with this card on an Abit IT7 Intel 845 chipset I also have an Abit NF7-S using the onboard SoundStorm with no noise. ...But I'm using Windows 2K pro not XP.

Comment

Originally posted by HornDog_ut2k3
            Yes they do in fact have a new offering. I had not been aware of that. In fact, they have two new offerings, Riviera and Catalina. Riviera is their new low-end card selling for less than the Santa Cruz, while Catalina is their new high-end card. I need to get my hands on a Catalina to compare it with the Santa Cruz.

Comment

Working...
            X