• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound Card

Anybody got this?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...118-101&depa=0
    Newegg.com - TURTLE BEACH/VOYETRA Santa Cruz Sound Card

Circuit City has it for cheap. Was wondering how it compares to other cards in the $30 price range.

All Im using is the on board sound right now.

i want to get this card since im sick of creative, but it has got good reviews from most people so i say go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by KhaaL
      i want to get this card since im sick of creative, but it has got good reviews from most people so i say go for it!
      Ever tried the kX project drivers if you have an Audigy or SB Live? They improve sound quality immensely and are far superior to Creative's drivers. Only problems: EAX is not supported and they can be difficult to setup.

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1

Comment

yep i tried them, but nothing would cure the plauge crackling from my SB Live! card. and yes i've tried everything. actually i've went and tried BEYOND everything (even installed chineese unofficial drivers as a desperate last effort without any sucsess)

Comment

whats a sound card :noob:

Comment

Originally posted by KCP
            can anyone say...."NOOB":sulk:

Comment

was kidding...

Sheesh. Macs dont require a sound card

Comment

Originally posted by KCP

Comment

I just got back from pickin it up.

Will this let me use that eax option or whatever its called in the game?

Is using that better then regular audio?

Comment

Originally posted by A-1
                    I just got back from pickin it up.

Will this let me use that eax option or whatever its called in the game?

Is using that better then regular audio?
                    Special Features: DVD Audio, Sensaura HRTF 3D positional 360° Audio, DirectSound 3D, EAX 2.0, A3D 1.0
                    Yes you can use it in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by The5thviruz
                      Yes you can use it in the game.
                      actually didnt the manual say the game uses EAX Advanced HD? if so thats EAX 3.0+ meaning no it probly wouldnt work well. if at all.

Comment

Actually, I do have one of these sound cards, and yes in fact it does work in the game. Even with UT2K4's EAX, though I don't know if it actually supports EAX 3.0 or not. Much like a vid card that doesn't have DX 9.0 functions running a DX 9.0 game I imagine.

On a sound quality scale, this card falls somewhere between the Audigy and the Audigy2. Only an audiophile will really notice a difference. But for ease of install and ease of use, it's unparalleled. Never had a problem with drivers whatsoever, regardless of system specs or Windows version. Most SC users will tell you the same. The versa-jack is extremely useful, and the interface for controlling the different features of the card is very intuitive and user-friendly.

In summary, the card offers about the best value for dollar of any card you can buy, and will completely blow any other $30 card out of the water.

Comment

Holy **** that's cheap!

Originally posted by KCP
                          was kidding...

Sheesh. Macs dont require a sound card
                          Spamming is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirvelli
                            Holy **** that's cheap!

Exactly what I thought. I paid over $60 for mine, and I still consider that a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by EndobioticChaos
                              Exactly what I thought. I paid over $60 for mine, and I still consider that a bargain.
                              Yeah I went to circuit city to pick up some cd-r's and I saw that. I was like 'ay Ill be right back'.

Like it so far. Time to try it in game.

Comment

Working...
                              X