Server for UT2003!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server for UT2003!

Hi, I Need a little help!,I'm trying to start a server on UT2003 and I got to the point to were I need to unzip files from a server pack to a directory on my server!, I dont know what they mean by "install to a directory on your server" ? HELP!!

get UT2004

Comment

is this a dedicated server you're running off your computer or one you're renting?
      usually a server provider has a "basic" ut set-up on their server which you add content to by FTP.
      you should be able to play all the standard maps and muts right away, but adding other maps and muts is done by FTP.
      if you're running a dedicated server yourself, you'll need a ut2003 program set up with a server .ini in your system folder, and a server key you get from epic:
      for good tutorials on server set up, go here:
      UNREALADMIN

Comment

Heh Heh !!

I already have it, i'm still stuck on Excessive overkill 2003, I play 2004 sometimes though!!,lol I want to make a server of my own!!

Comment

Re: Heh Heh !!

Originally posted by BD3WARRIOR
          I already have it, i'm still stuck on Excessive overkill 2003, I play 2004 sometimes though!!,lol I want to make a server of my own!!
          there's excessive overkill for 2k4:weird:

Comment

I know , i'm just hooked on 2003!

Comment

i'm gonna look in on that web site you gave!, i want to run this from my window's based computer, !! it may take a minute to get this , but i really would like to get it set up!! Thank you Sae-Sho!

Comment

UT2003 Rules!
                oh, better calm down..
                i was upset when 2004 came out and almost everyone moved to it.
                people even took 2003 off their HDs. 2004 is a good game and looks nicer, but i still like 2003 better. i rent my server and can switch it to 2003 when i want.
                UNREALADMIN has a nice tutorial on setting up your own server, and a forum that is helpful. good luck!

Comment

just make a folder on the C drive and name it "UT2003", and unzip all the files and folders into it.

make sure you get a server cd key and install it into the registry. ....edit the ut2003.ini file......set up a command line to start your server.

this is just the basic tho, if you need more detail you should go to unrealadmin.org and read up

btw....you also should download the epic bonus pack, and the v2225 patch.

Comment

Thank's Slaggerer, Renting sound's good, i'll have to look in to that, I still dont know what you guy's mean when you say "a directory on my server". lol I'm sorry, I dont know a whole lot. Once I get over this I think i'll be able to do the rest. How do i get to the directory on my server? Where, What is it?

Comment

a directory on your server, means the same as a "folder on your hard drive"....so like i said, go to your "c" drive and make a new folder, and name it "UT2003"........now unzip the 2k3 server you downloaded, and copy everything from that folder into your new "UT2003" folder you just created.

Comment

Now thats pretty easy to understand, I didn't know that. cool , So give me a while and I'll let ya know soon , Thank's again Slagger.

Comment

ur welcome

ps...try posting in the server administration forum, you will get more help there should you need it.

Comment

Hey Sae-Sho thanx again, I did what u said,and got the server going but, I cant login as admin yet , I'm missing a file called "Chaos interface". I cant get anything that I type to work in the console, but i'll get it!.Thanx again, I'll go check out the server forum, that sound's good.

Comment

Working...
                            X