How good is Unwheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics (first four are some of my map shots, others are in-game shots):

NOTE: The last three images are thumbnails, go to the unwheel site: http://unwheel.beyondunreal.com to see enlarged versions.

Comment

This mod is freaking awesome :up:

Comment

The bots totally suck and the only server there was had a ping of 250 for me. The cars didn´t have a good feel imo either. I didn´t like it.

Comment

I've seen that there are only like 2 or 3 server (as I post this) and thought about opening one up, but are there enugh people that play this that it would be worth it?

Comment

How do I get this to work on a Mac?

Comment

I am going to put this on my server in a week or two...I will post here when it's on.

Comment

Originally posted by T@F

(but the bots suxs)

i have to laugh at that cause its so true and it's quite funny!! the bots will just drive all over each other ends up being one big traffic jam...lol

and if you try 1 on 1 the bot will just roll on top of you....

it's like car wrestling

very funny stuff for a minute or 2

Comment

Wow this mod looks awesome downloading it now.

Those pics are seriously cool, reminds of the QRally days in Quake1, hehe.

I've heard about this mod before on BU and PU etc. but didn't really bother to download it till I seen this thread, you guys should try give this mod a lot lot more publicity

Comment

Originally posted by -TW-
                    The bots totally suck and the only server there was had a ping of 250 for me. The cars didn´t have a good feel imo either. I didn´t like it.
                    Whats with you? Girlfriend broke up with you?

Comment

Originally posted by slime73
                      Whats with you? Girlfriend broke up with you?
                      Lemme see if I got this straight. You're disputing this guy's opinion and the facts surrounding the experience he had playing? Further, you're challenging his integrity with a statement that is completely out of line.

Comment

Originally posted by Imaginos
                        Lemme see if I got this straight. You're disputing this guy's opinion and the facts surrounding the experience he had playing? Further, you're challenging his integrity with a statement that is completely out of line.
                        Look at his wl and sig...but yeah if you didnt I agree with you Imaginos...btw when is http://www.db-community.com/ coming back....I need some DB tips...I played on your server a few times and someone kept saying "boost me or take my boost" so I asked him what that meant and I got no answer...just trying to learn...

Comment

OMG.. that's one thing I say A LOT in games. And I'm on the admin of DB-Community a lot to get it live again. It's been... well.. too long at this point. My team decided to make a new forum home elsewhere. However, the new player guides and other goodies need a home still. For now, we have them up on the North American Deathball League site. Here's the quicky link: http://www.lagfrag.com/nadbl/index.p...=html&id=00009
                          Inphidel's guide is very good.

To answer your boost question, here's page one of his guide: http://www.db-community.com/inphidel/tutorial.html
                          The boost is a tactic used to get teammates around a map quickly. The above link illustrates that very well. It can be used to get a man open and to get a teammate into a defensive position. Most importantly, it's used to win the race to loose balls.. You'll see this phrase a lot: "Boost wins".

Servers are in the process of converting to version 2.2a as a final shakedown before the big 2.3 release. Hope to see you out there!

And I will add more pressure on the DB-Community admins to fix the site.

Comment

Thanks Imaginos...so to get back on topic...UnWheel will be on my server after the next release...let me know guys! Oh and BTW are you planning on more bot support?

Comment

ti sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes!!! :bulb: :down:

Comment

Heh. Anytime. And didn't mean to hijack the thread.

I have the ECE of UnWheel on my server as well. I use UT2Vote to host multiple mods on there for easy switching that doesn't pummel players with serverpackages for mods that aren't in play. For help to make a similar setup for UnWheel and UT2Vote on your servers, hit our UT2Vote support forum and look over the example setups: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=501

Comment

Working...
                                X