1500k compared to 512k (ping times)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pbze
    netime, but keep an eye on that 5GB cap thing , what are you likely to do if that is enforced (god forbid)?
    not sure, i currently have the phone, tv and internet all through NTL so don't really wanna have to change my ISP, s'pose i would have to find the money to upgrade to a package that aint capped or has a much higher limit. . . . lets just hope they vote against that. . . 1mb cable will be awesome

Comment

I just upgraded my connection from 1.5mb\256up to 6mb\608up and i didnt get much diffrence ping wise i just noticed a 1-3 ping diff which is nothing ...heh i too thougt that by upgrading my connection would lower my ping ... i was wrong ... but hey this 6mb rocks anyway i ping 20/24/28 on west coast servers and to servers on teh east i ping 80 (i.e teh Factory) which is still not bad..thats my 2 centz

Comment

Originally posted by ^vs^Bazza
        not sure, i currently have the phone, tv and internet all through NTL so don't really wanna have to change my ISP, s'pose i would have to find the money to upgrade to a package that aint capped or has a much higher limit. . . . lets just hope they vote against that. . . 1mb cable will be awesome
        I've just got their broadband, no other services, but I'd feel annoyed if I had to go to another ISP because of that huge box in my bedroom and that great big bit of thick black wire round my house

Comment

i used to have a 4 mbit cable conection and could have ping +- 50 ms in any euro server
          no wi have a 1 mbit adsl connection and get pings of 15 to 35 in euro servers

thats becuase i live like 500 meters away from my adsl central :P

Comment

Working...
          X