Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any chance of having an official mutator in 2k4 removing 3 rockets loading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ^Pr3datoR^
    as i belive your not the one i look for an answer from
    And if you had even the slightest bit of common sense you could answer it yourself.

Comment

Removing the triple rockets is silly - that's like saying the flak cannon should fire only 1 piece!

Comment

While Q3 has no ramdom spam elemnt
        I wouldn't say that, really. Less spam, but not spamless. It doesn't have a lot of projectiles that fly about bouncing off walls, but that doesn't mean people won't try to spam areas with weaponfire from the various weapons. UT2k3 only has the Flak Cannon which bounces debris off walls once. What other weapons does UT 2k3 have that's "spammy" that Q3A doesn't have? Multilaunching rockets still takes aim.

Comment

While Q3 has no ramdom spam elemnt
          It does! Firing rockets at corners constantly... anyway, spam would be even less in Q3 if you had chargeable rockets. On the same path, there would be more spam in UT2k3 if you didn't have chargeable rockets. Instead of a nice clean patch of rockets, you'd have seperate rockets flying in all directions... yikes!
          I just think you're a real whiner who has been owned in CTF once too often.
          As for your request: no there won't be a mutator like that. It would mean three more bugs and two more weeks delay. Only way UT2k4 is gonna have that mutator is if they already programmed it ATM.

Comment

In defense of the Flak Cannon. I love the weapon. It's a non-instant hit shotgun with shrapnel you can bounce off walls to hit people around corners. It's great! PLUS you have secondary fire which lobs a cannonball at an arc which is great at hitting people above you on a ledge, that no rocket can reach. It's a great weapon. Yes I like powerful weapons, which are also effective in different situations. That is my favorite weapon in the Unreal series and I have it at the top of my weaponlist in Unreal - UT - UT2k3. People can whine about me using it all they want, but nobody is forcing them to use it or to avoid using it. They can adapt their gameplay around others who do use it. And if it's 1on1 you should get the Flak cannon before I do, and keep it away from me.

That's the lone "spammy" weapon in UT2k3, unless you consider any weapon that fires projectiles spammy just because you hold the trigger down and fire wildly. But that's not an attribute of any weapon, but of the weapon user.

Other than the Flak Cannon, what other "spammy weapons" does UT2k3 have?

Comment

Originally posted by FireCrack
              Only weapon that is 'spammy' is flak. Alt fire in paticular.
              In my opinion the primary fire is more spammy, because all of the projectiles bounce off the wall once to hit others. Whereas the flak secondary only has a handful of projectiles that eminate from the cannonball when it impacts, and it's rare to get a lot of peripheral damage that way.

Not that I mind it actually. A skilled player will know how to aim the Flak so that the shrapnels bounces off walls to attack others around corners etc.

Comment

My point is alt fire s spammy because you can easily fill a small room with small explosions. But a skilled enemy will kill you quickly with a direct fire weapon. So if it were more powerr per shot but shot slower it would be more effective in 2 ways.

1: a good 'acuaracy' weapon

2: large damage=good for noobs

Comment

My point is alt fire s spammy because you can easily fill a small room with small explosions.
                  Yeah but I can do that with rockets and biorifle goop as well. There is some shrapnel from the cannonball but a lot more with the bouncing flak off walls. It's my opinion that primary fire is more spammy than secondary fire for that reason only. I think secondary fire is better if you get someone in their face because there is the cannonball itself and then the shrapnel that comes off it. You get hit by both and die horribly when you get faced by it.

But a skilled enemy will kill you quickly with a direct fire weapon. So if it were more powerr per shot but shot slower it would be more effective in 2 ways.

1: a good 'acuaracy' weapon

2: large damage=good for noobs
                  The explosion radius is no larger than the rocket explosion radius. The splash damage is a little more if you get hit by the shrapnel, but otherwise I believe the splash damage from rockets is worse. AFAIK.

In any case I love the Flak as it is. I don't want to be forced to use the RL only for effective projectile weaponry.

Comment

i like the 3 rockets vs the 6 rockets in ut and old unreal

Comment

Working...
                    X