Jump Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jump Bug?

I wonder if I'm the only one to get weird jump bug in ut2k4(used to have some with double jump in ut2k3). When I wall dodge jump, land and then wall dodge I often can't jump right after.(the sound of the jump i use to make the second wall dodge is the one of the second jump when you double jump). It sometimes happen when I jump around alot and then try to double jump but my first regular jump make the sound of a second jump and I can't make the second jump. Anyone else got those problem? Will it be fixed?

Oh and, I get these more easely when playing dodgepro because i jump around alot more often in taht mod(since the mod don't change the physic..it should'nt be the problem).

Yeah, I had that problem too. It seems to happen when you fall down on an object other than the ground and jump multiples times. It does always happen tought.

Comment

This bug shows up when you get to close to the edge of something before jumping or dodging. Try jumping or dodging a little sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by LagMasterSam
        This bug shows up when you get to close to the edge of something before jumping or dodging. Try jumping or dodging a little sooner.
        In those cases, it isn't really a bug since you jump AFTER walking over the edge, meaning so you do an air-jump. (if there were no air jumps you would just fall down) You can only do one air-jump since the last time you touched the ground, so you won't be able to jump again.

Comment

No..he might be right. It's like to dodge jump in asbestos to get the super sheild. You can easely dodge at the last second but the jump you want to make to reach the other side not always works(when it should since its a dodge jump).

Comment

I've honestly never noticed this happening.
            Remember that you can only jump in the air at or around the peak of your jump. When you're actually moving downwards you can no longer jump again.

Comment

I made a demo so you can see what I mean(you will need http://www.dodgepromod.com tho). You will see, when I does my jump before dodging with the wall...the sound of the jump is the same sound as the second one when you double jump.

http://www.angelfire.com/freak/hrc/jumpbug.demo4

Comment

Mind posting a demo that doesn't utilise DPM? I can't play some DPM demos, yours included. Apparently the map's been changed while still having the exact same name.

Comment

The bug is defenitly hapenning when you jump at the last second! OMGEPICFIXPLZKTHX!1!1! There is a link where I managed to do it in a regular map.

http://www.angelfire.com/freak/hrc/jumpbug2.demo4

[EDIT] Notice the sound of the jump I do when I try to do the walldodge jump(that is only walldodge because of the bug).

Comment

This bug is real and I believe it is a collision error of some type. It is most noticeable on DPM maps because you must make near perfect jumps on some maps, which means you must be very close to the edge before jumping.

Actually, you can perform your second jump while falling down. The limit for performing a second jump is based on your vertical velocity. You can perform the second jump within +100uu/s and -100uu/s vertical velocity. For a maximum distance dodge jump, you must press jump when you are falling at 100 uu/second.

Comment

Working...
                    X