[ot] IE and FF (again!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [FnG] magnolia
    If you don't agree with this, you are wrong.

Because this is INA and my opinion matters far, far more than yours ever will be.

LOL, u go magnolia

Comment

I switched to FF at last.

I wasn't enthusiastic about it at first, since:
      - mpeg files cannot be played while loading
      - missing/inferior support for FTP
      - you cannot define exceptions for the use of Javascript the same way it's already done for cookies or popups

But there are a lot of things about it which I really like:
      - the download manager
      - the sophisticated search tools
      - the tabs (yeah, you could just open new windows, but surfing with tabs is faster and feels more comfortable)
      - configuration is intuitive and the preferences dialogs are tidy (unlike the messy IE internet options)
      - you can define exceptions for cookies
      - cool and easily installable/deinstallable extensions (like Adblock, a great addition to the popup-blocker applyable to banners and any other ad-**** that still shows up; or Html-Validator, Image Zoom...)

Plus, it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling whereas using Microsoft products always feels like supporting the dark side of the force.

Bye bye, IE

Comment

Originally posted by Zentak
        And ? All you have to do is install Firefox ;p
        i alwrety tried that. but everytime the computer is restarted it goes back and erases everything i've done. :sour:

Comment

Originally posted by moppel
          I switched to FF at last.
          Welcome in the light
          Originally posted by moppel
          I wasn't enthusiastic about it at first, since:
          - mpeg files cannot be played while loading
          - missing/inferior support for FTP
          - you cannot define exceptions for the use of Javascript the same way it's already done for cookies or popups
          - Yep very annoying, there was a hack around it.... i just can't find it anymore...
          - Try FireFTP (http://fireftp.mozdev.org/)
          - hmmm you mean certain sites that can't use javascript? Or disable certain parts from it?

Comment

Originally posted by utimer

- Try FireFTP (http://fireftp.mozdev.org/)
            - hmmm you mean certain sites that can't use javascript? Or disable certain parts from it?
            I already tried FireFTP, it's not what I'm looking for. With IE, you can click an ftp link, then a dialog opens asking for name and password, and then the directory is shown and you can easily copy&paste files like in normal windows. I.e. clicking the link is exactly like opening a network connection in you network neighborhood. FireFTP works more like a standalone ftp tool.
            As for Javascript, I consider it not 100% secure, so I'd like to disable it by default and only allow it for certain sites. Like it's already done with pop-ups, cookies, loading of graphics, and installation of software, where you can allow only certain sites to do that. Alas, there's no such mechanism for allowing/disallowing scripting, either it's on for all sites or off.

Comment

Working...
            X