This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ut3/2005/2006

Dear Epic/Atari or the rest who gonna work on the eventual ut2005/2006/unreal3 engine,

Please dont screw up the engine like you guys did with UT2004.
    UT2003 was much more smoother and has much more capabilities then UT2004.

Just because some nostalgic punks keep on whining about the old UT feeling, doesnt mean you guys have to screw with the engine until you get this heavy feeling, which felt the most like UT...

UT2003 was great, only the nostalgic punks kept on whining because they cant handle a better and smoother engine cause they been playing UT too much...

This screwing with the 2004 engine only made it feel more heavy and lowers the maximal capability of dodging, jumping, strafing etc... This also means that the game is harder to master.

Whats wrong with a game which is smooth and easy to master, and is far more manuvarable? UT 2003 was a perfect example of game evolution in a positive way, i wish they did the same thing with UT2004.... Imagine an engine more manuvarable and smoother then 2k3!!

So instead of obeying nostalgic kids and screwing up engines, bring back the growing quality of a real UT engine... This way we are all happy, and and even the noobs can get skill...

I cant wait to see al those positive reactions towards this tread Especially the ones from the nostalgic hardcore UT punks which perfer old gameplay better then new fresh ones....

HF, peace

at least, thank me for the girl

Comment

So HOW exactly was the ENGINE screwed...???? :bulb:

Oh, wait... ...read through your post again.... ...and realized... ...you have NO idea about what you are talking.

Comment

Re: Ut3/2005/2006

Originally posted by M4cros

Please dont screw up the engine like you guys did with UT2004.
        i was under the impression that the ut2004 engine had slight improvements over the 03 engine, but, whether it was improved or not, they would certainly not DOWNGRADE the *******.

JUST SERIOUSLY WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? KTHX.

Comment

Dear M4cros,

a) Change your avatar.
          b) You do realise that the only things that changed in the 'engine' between ut2003 and ut2004 were basically some optimisations and improvements. I think you might actually be referring to 'game code' alterations (including changes in the uscript).
          c) Double jump, dodge jump, in fact anything apart from standard dodging and wall dodging, should be axed for the next UT. At least leaving those two would be leaving the two relatively sane ones in. I'll play Epic Pinball if I want try hit things bouncing all over the place.

Now, I'm not saying the next UT should be the original UT. But it should either head back towards the original UT basis for things, or if it should change even more than it has already, don't associated with UT. Call it something else, I don't care, I'll end up checking out the demo of whatever appears, but after UT2003/4 it's nowhere near a guaranteed buy for me. (UT2003 basically was a 100% must buy for me because I loved UT. I was somewhat dissapointed in the end)

I'll also make a passing mention of catering for the competetive community again. I always like to make a point of it in these types of threads.

*note* Quake 4 is top of my 'likely to buy' list at the moment. The chances of that being screwed up are miniscule going by past experience from Raven/id

Comment

M4cros please change your avatar. This is the second time you have been asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguin
              Can't you "force" another Avatar...???

I have 85 nice Globs for him...

Comment

i think m4cros dont even know what is an engine?:weird:

Comment

omg teh engine is tha ting that maks teh game BEEP and give meh 1337 commnds liek allammo n god hehehe *sniff sniff*

ontopic, there is not going to be a UT2005/6

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
                    So HOW exactly was the ENGINE screwed...???? :bulb:

Oh, wait... ...read through your post again.... ...and realized... ...you have NO idea about what you are talking.

Very well put! :up:

Comment

Re: Ut3/2005/2006

Originally posted by M4cros
                      1. Please dont screw up the engine like you guys did with UT2004.

2. This screwing with the 2004 engine only made it feel more heavy and lowers the maximal capability of dodging, jumping, strafing etc... This also means that the game is harder to master.

Whats wrong with a game which is smooth and easy to master, and is far more manuvarable? UT 2003 was a perfect example of game evolution in a positive way, i wish they did the same thing with UT2004.... Imagine an engine more manuvarable and smoother then 2k3!!

3. So instead of obeying nostalgic kids and screwing up engines, bring back the growing quality of a real UT engine... This way we are all happy, and and even the noobs can get skill...

I cant wait to see al those positive reactions towards this tread Especially the ones from the nostalgic hardcore UT punks which perfer old gameplay better then new fresh ones....

HF, peace
                      ok... 1. 2k4 is not 2k3, if you really want to play it so badly, please do so

2. whats wrong with making the game harder to master??? I thought this was a good thing?

3. how the hell did they obey nostalgic UT99'ers?? 2k4 IS onslaught (sadly imo) and it doesn't cater to the ut99 players at all, who were all about dm/tdm/ctf

your argument blows, you are overly critical over things which you have no control... this thread won't change anything except my opinion of you, which has quite lowered

:edit: deacon, i believe dodging/double jumping/wall jumping ect should be standard in the ut series, it sets the game apart from every other fps (along with the great guns ect) I also believe they should have kept the boostdodge, because i think anything that allows for more mobility, more ways to get around the map, is a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by Penguin
                        I suppose he missed the previous request from DrSiN, but still, you seem too kind, Pezman would have removed his av the moment he'd seen it.

Originally posted by fuegerstef
                        Can't you "force" another Avatar...???

I have 85 nice Globs for him...
                        Oh noes, they're MULTIPLYING!!!

Oh, and as for the thread topic -- they say one picture is worth a thousand words, therefore :bulb:.

Comment

Working...
                        X