Unreal Engine 3 minnimum requirements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Engine 3 minnimum requirements?

You know how Tim Sweeney repeatedly states "DX9 cards as the minnimum"? Well, does that mean my Radeon 9800 pro will be able to run it? I mean, it IS a DX9 card.

Do you think Epic will make enough quality settings to let the game run well on R3x0 class and NV3x class cards?

I really hope so, because I don't want to upgrade for a long time

it will run @ 1-2 FPS,IMO with your card.

Comment

Re: Unreal Engine 3 minnimum requirements?

Originally posted by UT2K3Freak
      You know how Tim Sweeney repeatedly states "DX9 cards as the minnimum"? Well, does that mean my Radeon 9800 pro will be able to run it? I mean, it IS a DX9 card.

Do you think Epic will make enough quality settings to let the game run well on R3x0 class and NV3x class cards?

Don't worry about it, its not even that close to being completed yet. Most likly the earliest we will see a game using it would likly be 2006.

Comment

Re: Unreal Engine 3 minnimum requirements?

I'm sure the box will tell you what you want to hear. You may have to upgrade to play it with any sort of eye-candy.

Comment

Well, I'm really hoping it will run on my machine...I love squeezing every last drop out of my rigs before I go buy a new one

Any comment from Epic on this?

Comment

You dont plan on upgrading in 2 years?..

Comment

Well, I'm really hoping it will run on my machine...I love squeezing every last drop out of my rigs before I go buy a new one

Any comment from Epic on this?
              Not that I know of, but the likelyhood is that the generation of engines in which UE3 resides in will be the generation that squeezes that last drop out, and thensome. If your current PC is near top of the line as we speak you'll be probably be able to run UE3-based games, but nowhere near top quality.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.2™
                Considering that you've overclocked your computer a full gigahertz beyond its recommended range, own an MX1000, and live in Norway is proof enough that you don't represent the average computer user.
                Not all of us upgrade every time something nicer comes out, Krille.

You're running a 9800 Pro anyways. That's more than 2-year-old tech.

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
                  and live in Norway
                  Sweden... god damnit.

I got a 9800pro card.. not a 6800 Ultra / X800 I got a total income of 135$ a month..

Comment

Well, I like to procrastinate upgrades, you know? I get the satisfaction of getting the most outta my hardware. Like, my p4 2.4 is at 3.0Ghz (which helped alot for UT2004, that OC alone), my Pc3200 ram is on overdrive at 480MHz, and my 9800Pro is OC'd to XT speeds. So I like to squeeze all the performance out of my stuff, because I don't like spending money needlessly, when there's so much fun in tweaking your machine

if I need to, i'll upgrade for UE3 based games..but it would be better if I didn't, simply because it's fun tweaking my machine

Comment

Well, I like to procrastinate upgrades, you know? I get the satisfaction of getting the most outta my hardware. Like, my p4 2.4 is at 3.0Ghz (which helped alot for UT2004, that OC alone), my Pc3200 ram is on overdrive at 480MHz, and my 9800Pro is OC'd to XT speeds. So I like to squeeze all the performance out of my stuff, because I don't like spending money needlessly, when there's so much fun in tweaking your machine

if I need to, i'll upgrade for UE3 based games..but it would be better if I didn't, simply because it's fun tweaking my machine
                      Understandably so. But, if you DO need to upgrade, and you do... think how much fun you'll have tweaking THAT hardware. ;P

Comment

bah I usualy buy the best when it's out and tweak it then and forget about it.

My specs are more than brutal enough (apart from the 9700 pro) and the next upgrade I will make is a vid card... and then I'll forget about it for a loooong time. (ie 2+) years and live off quake4 (which I should be able to max, and will run at low online)

Seriously hardware gives skill, like jerking off makes you a good lay

don't upgrade just cause "omg i gets 5 more fps i'm leet"

Comment

Originally posted by S.2
                          Seriously hardware gives skill, like jerking off makes you a good lay
                          Ok I'll use my 4.0Ghz rig and you can borrow my 386 *points to a pile in the corner of his wardrobe*

1on1?

Comment

considering the first card that could run the engine good enough to demo is the 6800 ultra
                            you will need to upgrade

Comment

Ok I'll use my 4.0Ghz rig and you can borrow my 386 *points to a pile in the corner of his wardrobe*

1on1?

that doesn't give you skill you douche bag

the point being as long as you can run the sucker, at decent fps, in low details you can play it.

You sure as hell don't need to run it at max details, at max aa/af, at max res, with 7.1 eax, with a 100 dollar mouse... and TBH, that doesn't even help.

Comment

Working...
                              X