Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody play Last Man Standing here?!?!??!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our clan runs an LMS server that is usually busy after 8pm EST every evening. We do run the translocator. It's almost required for some of the custom maps we play on.

Look for "The official Gamers-asylum.net LMS..." in the server list, and it's a NON-standard server. It's on a brand new dual opteron server on a 10Mbit connection, good pings. You can also put }SotD{* in the buddy list. Look for }SotD{-Minus- , I can't even begin to compete with him. There are a few in our clan that can however.

Now for some blatant pimpage....

Check out our other servers in ONS, DM, CTF and soon other games. Look for "The official Gamers-Asylum.net...." in the server list.

Comment

Originally posted by EFA11
      put *[Epic]* in your buddy list and watch for [Epic]Willhaven. He plays LMS.. Once you play him, you may never want to play again though. Fair warning :haha:
      I was going to post that, but I see you like to do my work for me.

Originally posted by Boksha
      The only kills they get are pretty much undeserved lucky kills on someone that already had low health.
      = Their undeserved lucky kills.

they do a lot of damage and after killing the minigunner the unlucky victor is pretty much a sitting duck for any lucky person to frag.
      = Your undeserved lucky kills.

Sounds fair to me.

Hmm... I just spawned and picked up a controversial weapon. Do I:

(A) Politely switch from the offending thing whenever fighting a whiner.

(B) Throw it away! The very thought of it in my inventory is perverse!

(C) Use it as I see fit, enjoy the game, and ignore any whining that arises.

Apparently some here would have me choose something other than (C)... :weird:

I sometimes play LMS. Just add Bitter_Pill to your buddy list if you want to play me. I mostly play Instagib / Sniper DM, TDM, and CTF though. So, I'm not great with NWs yet, but I have killed [Epic]Willhaven a few times. :bored: :up:

Comment

Dunno if you LMS fans have heard of it, but our friends at the A!M clan have a LMS mod that is much more enjoyable than standard LMS, IMO..

It also supports Team LMS which works like TDM, except everyone only gets one life. When everyone is dead, the other team gets a point and most games go up to 10 points. It's quite entertaining.

It is called ArenaMaster / Team ArenaMaster

Will find a link.. bbl

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter Pill
          = Their undeserved lucky kills.
          = Your undeserved lucky kills.
          Sounds fair to me.
          I never said it doesn't work out in the end. I said it's ANNOYING. And seeing as every life in LMS counts, having those randomised doesn't sound like much fun to me.

Originally posted by Bitter Pill
          Hmm... I just spawned and picked up a controversial weapon. Do I:
          (A) Politely switch from the offending thing whenever fighting a whiner.
          (B) Throw it away! The very thought of it in my inventory is perverse!
          (C) Use it as I see fit, enjoy the game, and ignore any whining that arises.
          Apparently some here would have me choose something other than (C)... :weird:
          You don't pick up weapons in LMS. You spawn with ALL weapons and ALL ammo, which is what makes the minigun even more annoying because you can pretty much gun away for half a minute before the ammo's gone. And when you die you can start over.
          I never said I had a problem with the minigun in general.

Comment

Originally posted by {S!N}Stik
            It also supports Team LMS which works like TDM, except everyone only gets one life. When everyone is dead, the other team gets a point and most games go up to 10 points. It's quite entertaining.
            Sounds interesting. Kind of like Jailbreak, which I also like.

Comment

team LMS is already out

http://www.liandri.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sasuke-kun
                team LMS is already out

Right, www.liandri.com is owned by the A!M clan

Comment

Originally posted by EFA11
                  put *[Epic]* in your buddy list and watch for [Epic]Willhaven. He plays LMS.. Once you play him, you may never want to play again though. Fair warning :haha:
                  He was on my clans LMS server a while back. He's good but not that good. Props to him, he did beat me but it didn't make me not want to play with him again.

Fair warning he does not like custom maps so don't vote them when he is on a server or he will leave.

Back to the original topic. My clan has a good LMS server located at a data center in Chicago. Everyone that plays there is experienced and no one is really a translocater *****.

Stop by sometime. Just add }SotD{* to your buddy list. We are on the LMS every night. See you around

EDIT*

Oops. Just saw VG's (same clan) post a little higher up.

P.S. I'm one of the guys that can compete with }SotD{-Minus- . He's VERY good, and will definately give you a good run for your money.

Comment

team LMS is already out

y'all should check this out... it uses a very effective handicapping system by reducing your starting health and armor after each round you win. and also rewards you with adrenalin for each kill you get (to give you some incentive to engage instead of staying back and letting others do the work). also because of the handicapping, it gives you a much larger sense of accomplishment when you do win and makes the matches extremely close...and because just about every game is close, it gives you an adrenaline rush every time you play.

Comment

You don't pick up weapons in LMS. You spawn with ALL weapons and ALL ammo
                      Ok, I've only played it here and there, and wasn't sure if the all weapon / ammo thing was built into the gametype or was a mutator, but I meant the weapon pickup sarcasm as general over all gametypes.

To me, it's far more annoying to exit a doorway and find a shock combo waiting for you.

Comment

first game of LMS i ever played was with Willhaven...here's the link
                        http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mat...?match=8233028
                        he is definitely a mini-*****
                        and the other one
                        http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mat...?match=8233355

i think i have only played three games on this gametype ever...i think i will be playing more

Comment

team LMS is already out

We have a couple servers running this mod, and it's getting alot of attention. Come and check it out folks!

http://www.liandri.com/Servers.html

Just watch out for Krascher.:sulk:

Comment

I play it too
                            But under the name ~PICO~

Comment

I would play so much more of it if every server with people didn't ping about 200.

Comment

Not sure about what you mean SvL. Servers i play in are good. West coast here with cable connection.

Comment

Working...
                                X