[OT] Best MP3 Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT] Best MP3 Player?

I've recently considered purchasing a new MP3 player, and I was wondering what everybody's opinion was as to the best MP3 player.

So, what MP3 player would you suggest for purchase (preferably a hard drive MP3 player)?

EDIT: To clarify, I mean PORTABLE MP3 players.

ummmm im not sure. well what kind of mp3 player are you talking about? ipod style or car stereo? but if its the pocket style, then i would go with the creative labs mp3 players, and if its the car stereo, i would go with something from Pioneer

Comment

i would go with the Ipod because you can hook it up to the car audio system

Comment

As far as I know, Ipod gives you the most bang for buck. I was at Best Buy and say a 1"x1.5" MP3 player that advertised 4 hours of song time. I looked at the bottom of the package and the disclaimer said that was at 4 minutes per song at 64k quality. It only held 256 megs, by the way. Don't ever listen to how many songs or how many hours it claims to hold, pay attention only to the hard drive space and the size of your songs.

Ipods are more expensive, but the smallest model holds 4 gigs, and not just MP3 files either. You can write text files and whatnot as well.

Comment

i'd say ipod but i have a RCA sumthin... its 256 meg its way more than i need..

Comment

Originally posted by >_>
            i'd say ipod but i have a RCA sumthin... its 256 meg its way more than i need..
            wtf 256 megs and way more than you need

Once I buy my ipod I figure i'll have it full in 2-3 days

Comment

I like Sony's but ...

there is so many players .. :cry:
              http://www.nextag.com/serv/main/buye...rch=mp3+player

Comment

I-River is arguably a better Hard Driver MP3 Player than IPods, but they are a little more costly.

http://www.iriver.com/

Comment

iRiver if you have the money
                  http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/portable.aspx

Comment

i was thinking about getting an Ipod or one of the Dell knock offs but after some research i decided to go w/ Sony's Portable Mp3 CD player. its only around $80 and when you burn cds w/ mp3s on them you can cram up to 700mbs (roughly 500 songs). I'm able to fit many albums onto on disk and not have to change the disk for weeks . I consider it a good investment, of course if you just want to add one song you'd have to burn a whole cd and thats why for those kind of things i use CD-RWs.

~Blind_Gambit

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper
                      wtf 256 megs and way more than you need

Once I buy my ipod I figure i'll have it full in 2-3 days
                      yeah it is seeing as how many mb's a song is. im probably nevar going to have more then 30 songs on it at once

Originally posted by Spaz007
                      iRiver if you have the money
                      http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/portable.aspx
                      can i have your credit card number?

Comment

Originally posted by Blind_Gambit
                        i was thinking about getting an Ipod or one of the Dell knock offs but after some research i decided to go w/ Sony's Portable Mp3 CD player. its only around $80 and when you burn cds w/ mp3s on them you can cram up to 700mbs (roughly 500 songs). I'm able to fit many albums onto on disk and not have to change the disk for weeks . I consider it a good investment, of course if you just want to add one song you'd have to burn a whole cd and thats why for those kind of things i use CD-RWs.

~Blind_Gambit
                        i also have a sleek seksi black sony mp3/cd player

eventually ima get a creative labs though, one of the 20 gigs, but thats not for a long while yet

Comment

anybody know where i can find an iriver with the small hand cable attatchment, and no fm tuner.. 20gb?

Comment

clarification:

exactly like this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=pc&n=507846

but with no FM Tuner, voice recorder, and optical In/Out

Comment

Get an iPod, I really don't like Apple but the iPod is the only good thing they've ever done. It's really easy to use and stuff. I have one of the original hard-drive MP3 players, the Creative Nomad Jukebox 10Gb, it's about the size of a CD Player, but it's still great.

If you want to have your MP3 player for a long time, Get the Creative Nomad Zen, they're only a bit bigger that an iPod, but have replaceable batteries. The iPod battery only lasts about 2 years then it stops recharging, and it costs $99 to have it replaced.

Nomad Zen
                              iPod

Comment

Working...
                              X