Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to load user.ini from within the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to load user.ini from within the game?

I was wondering, if it is possible to load an entire different User.ini from within the game - online?

I mean, everything new; keybinds, different crosshairs for each weapon, new HUD settings etc.

Would it work online? Would it require to restart UT?

Thanks,

Re: Possible to load user.ini from within the game?

Originally posted by McFly
    Would it require to restart UT?
    Yes.. 90% certain on that

Comment

you have to rewrite it so it's all commands to set all the stuff. you won't be able to do it online because most set stuff is blocked online.

Comment

k

Comment

no! im sure its possible!
          Well if you mean something like, when you hold shift, everything changes.
          So if when you held shift, all keys were a speech bind of some sort.
          Ive seen poeple who ran out of room on thier keyboard do that, i think there was something posted about it here, search

Comment

Well as far as the keybinds go it's certainly doable but if you ever wanted to change key settings it would mean manually editing text files....not as flexible as simply using the USERINI= commandline where you get all the normal functionality but that requires a restart.

Comment

Re: Possible to load user.ini from within the game?

Originally posted by McFly
              I was wondering, if it is possible to load an entire different User.ini from within the game - online?

I mean, everything new; keybinds, different crosshairs for each weapon, new HUD settings etc.

Would it work online? Would it require to restart UT?

Thanks,
              Kind of.
              About the only way to do that much is to make a txt file with all the commands you wish to change...
              Ex:
              Set input A [command]
              Set input B [command]
              Set input C [command]
              Set input D [command]
              etc
              ...save it as Filename.txt(or .Ini, can't remember which) then when you're ingame, type exec=Filename.txt/ini

As for HUD settings, I dunno if you can change those while playing online(I'm not even sure if you can pull the exec command while online)

I think you can change xhair color/scale while online, unsure about the actual xhair tho

Comment

you can make 2 different shortcuts

kinda wondering why you would want to switch something so dependant on memorizing?

Comment

exec user.ini

Comment

Originally posted by omgsup
                    exec user.ini
                    k

Comment

Yeah exec user.ini *should* work, havnt tested it though. Post here if it works

Comment

Working...
                      X