Nodes switching colour midgame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    lucky you weren't in an official tournament...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KoperniK
    Hi Keith - yup it was - not bashing it in any way - it's my fave server by a long shot :up:
    Yeah, realise that, my post was typed in a hurry so I might have seemed arsey.

It's just that with 10k/sec of bandwidth, and 32-players worth of mayhem going on on-screen, either the server has to spend more CPU time improving bandwidth use for saturated clients, with the CPU hit that results, or accepting the saturation problems.

Given that the CPU already hits 100% regularly on maps like Valarna, there's not a lot left to give

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Keith - yup it was - not bashing it in any way - it's my fave server by a long shot :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Was this my server?

Sometimes map updates are delayed due to client saturation, not a lot can be done about it I guess - would rather the bandwidth was used for projectiles than map updates.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It was the ECE edition but no, none of the silly stuff. I thought for a minute I had lost 5-10 minutes of time and had to bang my head on the desk a couple of times until I realised it could only have been a server error

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haven't experienced this...

You weren't accidentally playing some sort of ONS-ArctiStronghold-Extreme-IonTank-SixLeviathans-15Redeemers-Summer-Edition. I once played one of these maps (there's a euro server only playing these Spam maps) and "comebacks" are easier and faster there... ...but the gameplay is not better becasue of that (IMHO).

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Nodes switching colour midgame?

Nodes switching colour midgame?

this was a one off but very strange.

Been playing on one of the 32 player ONS servers and if you joing midgame, often for a few seconds the node colours will not be correct eg red winning when in fact blue are. This however happened midgame.

I was playing on Arctic Stronghold on blue on a full server - we had all 3 central nodes and were going through the happy rigmarole of taking the final node knowing full well we pretty much had the game won. All of a sudden, the red primary node and all 3 central nodes flick to red and stayed that way. Red team head straight for our base and after 10 mins of desperately trying to get the primary node back, it's game over.

What could have caused this?

thx

k
Working...
X