Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: MX 510... anything I need?

Hooray, i just bought a Logitech MX 510... the blue one

and i've heard that mouseware drivers are pretty **** and are known to cause lag...

also, i've heard that there are third-party utilities that are impossible to live without when you have this mouse...

so... how about filling me in? what utilities do i need? or what will make my life easier?

p.s. i'm loving it so far

I have the same (blue) MX510, and am using the latest mouseware drivers and have had no problems, though my binds do sometimes b0rk up, not sure if it's the drivers though :/

Comment

well, i've gone and downloaded mouseware 9.80 and it seems to be working ok for now...

just bound the cruise buttons to function keys, as well as the 'quick switch' thingy... now i have weapon binds for long range, short range, throw weapon, and select best weapon ... hooray!

Comment

I've got the red one
        And i use http://www.logigamer.com/

Comment

teehee... what exactly does logigamer do that you can't do wth the regular mouseware?...

Comment

When you have the drivers installed, it will sometimes **** up the two side buttons.. It did this on my MX700, and 900 also.. I just got rid of the drivers, and now it works just fine.

Comment

You need lube.

Comment

I've never heard anything good about Logitech drivers from people that didn't have the MX510.
                I haven't heard much bad from people that use the drivers with the MX510 tho', so maybe Logitech finally figured it out on this one.
                Me, I'm so traumatised from Mouseware with my MX300 I'm not even going near the Logitech site ever again. I use their mice and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                  I've never heard anything good about Logitech drivers from people that didn't have the MX510.
                  I haven't heard much bad from people that use the drivers with the MX510 tho', so maybe Logitech finally figured it out on this one.
                  Me, I'm so traumatised from Mouseware with my MX300 I'm not even going near the Logitech site ever again. I use their mice and that's it.
                  My MX500 is fine with mouseware :s

I don't dare change it now because I'm perfectly happy with my config. Maybe next reinstall I'll just leave the logi drivers out

Comment

Working...
                  X