UT2004 Christmas Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004 Christmas Server

It's online and ready to go. Thanks again to everyone who made the Halloween Server so much fun. It'll be back next year. Christmas Server Info:

Server: Nighty's Xmas SlayBells *Happy Holidays* =)
    IP: nighty.servegame.com:21960 or 24.238.205.128:21960
    Click to play: [UT2004]nighty.servegame.com:21960[/UT2004]
    Dates Of Operation: 11-1-04 thru 1-1-05
    Gametypes: DM, CTF, BR (Normal Weapons, Mapvote)
    Total Maps: 28 (more to come as I find them)
    Max Players: 8+1 (most maps are fairly small)
    Mutators: UTAN, AntiTCC, Talking Icon, UT2Vote, Capture-The-Tree (CTF ONLY)
    Redirect: Professionally hosted, compressed high speed
    OGG Music Files: Download these now, some maps have Christmas music but it isn't pushable!

I really, REALLY wanted to put Chris Ollis' cool Xmas Homer on here as the official server bot, but the **** skins aren't pushable. I even tried using JaFO's Botmanager to recompile/make a .u file for the skinpack. No luck. :sour: If anyone knows how to do this, I'd be very grateful if you'd contact me either here (PM me) or through email at nighty AT nightstormer.com. I seem to be all eat up with the dumba$$ and it is owning me. :sulk:

Once again, there is some seriously groovy theme music for some of these maps, but none of it is pushable, ofcourse. Download all the music for this server HERE and install these ogg files into your game music directory (readme included in zip). I highly recommend the music, since this is a themed server and you'll be missing some of the Christmas cheer without the **** Christmas music! Bah Humbug!

I've got a dozen maps for both DM and CTF, and only 4 for BR. Oh, and CTF is "Capture-The-Tree," the flag is replaced by a little Christmas Tree. Thanks to the DC clan and Toonces for that cool little mutator. If anyone knows of some cool themed maps I don't have on there, lemme know.

Also, not sure if anyone wanted to see ONS on here, but I've got about a dozen maps that would work. It's only an 8 man server though, so not sure it would even be worth the effort. The server is in BETA, so lemme know if there are any map d/l problems or issues with server performance. Happy Holidays! :heart: :up:

it's christmas?:bulb:

:alien: changed the speed of the eath around the sun, and in one day, we went from halloween to christmas

Comment

Nightstormer its so cool of you to do this, thank you

Comment

lol, well i try and run both seasonal servers for a 2 month stretch. Otherwise, it's really not worth the time and effort to do them. Walmart and Cracker Barrel have been selling christmas decorations for weeks, so why not?

My pleasure, Flak. Also, if you have any ideas on how to make those Homer Christmas skins pushable, I'd love to know. Your Necris pack didn't have any problems at all, these Homer skins are killing me. :bulb:

Comment

I'd like to know about the Homer skins, too.

Comment

Email me the skins at deck16 at gmail dot com. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Check your gmail, g. :heart:

Comment

Hey Nighty We need to get the rest of x3dfx into 2k4. Unless they are using different nicks than I am aware of lol.

Awesome idea as always Good luck with the skins too, you have the right person helping :up:

Comment

Originally posted by EFA11
                  Hey Nighty We need to get the rest of x3dfx into 2k4. Unless they are using different nicks than I am aware of lol.
                  I'd love to, but they aren't much interested in playing for the most part. I gave up my admin position at the forums there, and just post here now for the most part. You'll see a few of the old regulars on our UTGOTY server, but rarely in UT2004.

Comment

haha this is neat :up:

Comment

I will be there with bells on...I love the themed servers :up:

Thanks Nighty for all your effort

And ONS is a nice distraction once in a while

Comment

I'm having trouble too night.

Trail, is there anything you need to do when a skin has a custom animation to get it to run on the server?

LOL@ Slaybells ^^

Comment

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                          LOL@ Slaybells ^^
                          I'm glad somebody gets my jokes and doesn't just think I'm a rotten speller. :noob:

Comment

Originally posted by nightstormer
                            I'd love to, but they aren't much interested in playing for the most part. I gave up my admin position at the forums there, and just post here now for the most part. You'll see a few of the old regulars on our UTGOTY server, but rarely in UT2004.

Well that sucks. More room for the rest here I guess

Comment

great games

But I don't really like the maps. Nevermind ! We cannot discuss about tastes and colors .

spooge is a great gamer. I would love to play with him again.:heart:

Comment

Working...
                              X