Assault scoring system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assault scoring system

This has prolly been discussed before....

Does anyone else think that Assault scoring needs modification?

I think that currently, whoever gets the ion tank/cannon, plasma turret or goliath gets waaaaayyyy too many undeserved points in the form of easy spam kills while the legion of link healers behind get nothing. I think this is largely why so many people camp the ion tank in Glacier...it's an instant Ludicrous kill and Unstoppable. Moreover, this may be why lots of people don't bother linking.

Anyway, is there a practical remedy to this? I think any vehicle/turret kill should be worth 1/10 of a regular kill and all those linked to the vehicle/turret should get 10% of the kills points.

It's a minor annoyance to be sure, but I just think it's kind of misleading when someone who can't fight his way out of a wet paper sack has 10X more points than anyone else because he was camping the ion tank.

Just my $0.02.

The tank doesn't last long. Just blow it up.

Comment

Even in the ~45 seconds the tank lasts, the driver is credited with ~30 kills and the linkers are credited with nothing. The last ~10 kills are not possible without the linkers.

Comment

Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
        Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.

Originally posted by SJAndrew
        Even in the ~45 seconds the tank lasts, the driver is credited with ~30 kills and the linkers are credited with nothing. The last ~10 kills are not possible without the linkers.

Comment

i agree linkers should get some points. We aren't doing this for our health.:downcast:

Comment

I'd like to see vehicle kills give less points. And I'd also like to see the points you get for killing someone while defending depend on the distance to the objective. Obviously, its more valueable when you kill someone who was about to take an objective than when Mr. Spawn Camper kills people as they come out of the spawn, and they immediatly respawn.

Anyway, you should get a decent amount of points for destroying objectives with the Ion Tank, but not for slaughtering people on foot.

I've seen people with little/no DM skill go from very low scores to the team leader by camping the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Phx
              I'd like to see vehicle kills give less points. And I'd also like to see the points you get for killing someone while defending depend on the distance to the objective. Obviously, its more valueable when you kill someone who was about to take an objective than when Mr. Spawn Camper kills people as they come out of the spawn, and they immediatly respawn.

Anyway, you should get a decent amount of points for destroying objectives with the Ion Tank, but not for slaughtering people on foot.

I've seen people with little/no DM skill go from very low scores to the team leader by camping the tank.
              Precisely

Comment

Any good assaulter knows the scoring system doesn't mean anything.

But then again the servers are packed with 10 guys per team, so I guess you can't really complain about scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by Phx
                  Obviously, its more valueable when you kill someone who was about to take an objective than when Mr. Spawn Camper kills people as they come out of the spawn, and they immediatly respawn.
                  Killing guys near an objective is easy. You know where they're going (the switch). Pushing up on a team, and weakening their attack before they get to the objective is what wins games. If 6 strong attackers show up at the switch, they're gonna take it. You gotta push up on them.

Right now the scoring system is setup so that you get more points for killing a guy near the objective. But like I said, score doesn't matter.

Comment

What's the big stink about a score anyway?

I made this thread a while back:

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...light=teamwork

Even though the screenshots are damaged (for some reason) you can tell that while I only earned -4 points during the first round, my team still won the game. When I look back on it I don't think "ROFL i got TONZ of points!!1111" I think "We won. Cool."

Comment

I think they should reward you 5 points for every destroyed turret in robotfactory and maybe even 10 for the ioncannon.... and remove the 10 points for destroying tanks...

Its way too easy to get 80+ scores on robotfactory while laming the ioncannon and the rest of your teams is linking up turrets (something usefull) and don't get anything for it

Comment

Working...
                      X