Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the official servers all demo servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KriLL3.2�
    TINA is getting lamer and lamer buy the hour..
    No doubt.....just ask like um ....everyone..well except the fanboiz

Comment

I'm sick of DM-Rankin and ONS-Torlan in general. It's like 80% of all servers play those maps. :sour:

Not only the Atari-Servers suck. All map voting servers suck. Map voting only results in the same maps being played over and over again. And don't tell me that the map voting system can take maps from the list that already have been voted, there are no servers using that option. And then there's the waiting, the waiting, the waiting, the waiting... Why don't server admins decrease the voting time? And why are there always two or three dumbasses who could accelerate the procedure by voting the map that obviously is going to win, but instead vote another map, hoping that the remaining ten players will change their vote to DM-CustomNoobyBoxMapCrap in the last second?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Why are the official servers all demo servers?

Originally posted by KriLL3.2™
        Only once populated..

And I dont have pass to private tdm servers..
        So many TDM servers.. so many passworded... =\
        I have the same problem. It is so hard to find a non-pw'ed TDM server that has people in it. So i do go into the official demo servers as well. You get the standard mix of newbs and vets there just like any pub.

Moppel, i agree with ya too, Torlan is getting really old. But i still like Rankin, that hasn't worn out on me yet. After the fifth time in a day it does get old......

Comment

Poor configuration are perhaps the biggest reason for many players distaste for playing on public servers. UT2004 can be fun in FFA but the servers have to be good for the game to be fun rather than simply frustrating... Servers that have a maxplayer of 6-10 should only have maps in the rotation that is made for that amount of players... If you want to enable mapvoting please remove some of the maps that doesnt fit the servers configuration... oh and teamcolors in Deathmatch are a must!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nosnos
            .. Servers that have a maxplayer of 6-10 should only have maps in the rotation that is made for that amount of players... If you want to enable mapvoting please remove some of the maps that doesnt fit the servers configuration...

*Cough*Any 1v1 map*Cough*

I REALLY get tired of getting into a good server, and everyone decides to break off and vote of 1v1 Albatross. Why? Why must people you vote for 1v1 maps for a 10 person FFA? Seriously, it says 1v1 in the title for a reason okay end of rant.

So does anyone know any good TDM Servers on the west coast by any chance?

Comment

Working...
            X