[o/t] having trouble uploading an avatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[o/t] having trouble uploading an avatar

Sorry about the ot , but this relates to the forums. i have been trying to upload an avatar so i can use it on the forums but i keep getting this error message

There has been an error in the upload. Please ensure that the file has been correctly selected and that the upload has taken place successfully.

my avatar is a little over 2kb and it is 58x59 pixels. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

{edit;; ehm wtf why is part of my sig pink?lol, the second part was set at darkgrey, and it was that for a while but since i posted this its pink wtf?

Re: [o/t] having trouble uploading an avatar

Originally posted by =Elven=1
    {edit;; ehm wtf why is part of my sig pink?lol, the second part was set at darkgrey, and it was that for a while but since i posted this its pink wtf?
    It's ok here :weird:

Comment

Re: [o/t] having trouble uploading an avatar

Originally posted by =Elven=1

I think this is because it needs to be darkgray rather than darkgrey to work in Internet Explorer, however good web browsers that take into account real English spelling get it right

Comment

Thank's to the deacon for that info :P, but has anyone had trouble uploading an avatar in the past hour? maybe this will help the avatar is in jpg format, is jpg acceptable by the forums? i have tried switching browsers to see if it would get uploaded properly but to no avail . Could having my firewall up be blocking the upload? well crud, im all out if ideas on the avatar subject.

Comment

The avatar has to be 60X60 and no more then 1000 bytes....strange....

Comment

I had the same problem. Just upload it to imageshack and then let it upload it from the URL. it´s annoying as hell tho.

Comment

Originally posted by The5thviruz
              Anything smaller than 60x60 and smaller than 1000bytes also work..

Comment

it doesn't have to be 60x60. 60x60 is the maximum.

elven... try the gif format.

Comment

twista thanks for your advise, it worked this avatar is a smaller make of one of my drawings , i will post the origonal here

[shot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/elven1/symbolis.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Originally posted by ³Þ`
                    it doesn't have to be 60x60. 60x60 is the maximum.

elven... try the gif format.
                    Yes i worded it incorrectly. I meant to say it has to be less then 60 x 60

Comment

Yes i worded it incorrectly. I meant to say it has to be less then 60 x 60
                      ≤ 60x60 you mean?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.2™
                          ≤ 60x60 you mean?
                          yeah, but without typing alt codes in, it would take to long to say

I'm extra lazy today...

Comment

Working...
                          X