Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you include more ascii support in 2k4 patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you include more ascii support in 2k4 patch.

Epic could you see your way clear to add support for all the ascii charecters in game? I woudln't think it would require much work at all on your part and would be nice to have. Give people the ability to dress up names and more importantly clan tags more.

Thank You

Re: Could you include more ascii support in 2k4 patch.

Originally posted by SixNine
    Epic could you see your way clear to add support for all the ascii charecters in game? I woudln't think it would require much work at all on your part and would be nice to have. Give people the ability to dress up names and more importantly clan tags more.

Thank You
    Seeing as they use UTF so they can support text in other countries, I doubt this will happen. English isn't the only language UT2004 comes in.

Comment

What kind of ASCII madness do you want that UT2004 currently doesn't give you?

Comment

It's server not game related.

Windows accepts the funky characters Linux does not. Which is why I prefer linux

Comment

Sweet Baby Jesus says no. It's already bad enough.

Keep it simple folks. As far as I know though, every ascii character you can use, you can put in your name through the .ini, it's just that the server may show a few boxes because of the difference in the fonts from your notepad to in-game name.

[sarcasm]Actually, I bet I know why (s)he wants more ascii chars! SO TEH ADMINZ HAVE TO FUMBLEZ THROUGH TEH CHARMAP 2 BAN HIM AN/DOR HER!!!!!!!!!![/sarcasm]

Comment

I hate that UT2004 dont alow me to press "Ö"

It opens the console every time.

Comment

Originally posted by yewnuhtee
              [sarcasm]Actually, I bet I know why (s)he wants more ascii chars! SO TEH ADMINZ HAVE TO FUMBLEZ THROUGH TEH CHARMAP 2 BAN HIM AN/DOR HER!!!!!!!!!![/sarcasm]
              UT2vote...no need to worry about stupid characters...just point click and ban

Comment

Sweet Baby Jesus says no. It's already bad enough.

Keep it simple folks. As far as I know though, every ascii character you can use, you can put in your name through the .ini, it's just that the server may show a few boxes because of the difference in the fonts from your notepad to in-game name.

..... obviously you did inhale ......

Asci is good to dress up clan tags and the like. Suppose I wanted to use this for a tag: SixNine™

You can't do that in 2k4 =P

Comment

..... obviously you did inhale ......

Asci is good to dress up clan tags and the like. Suppose I wanted to use this for a tag: SixNine™

You can't do that in 2k4 =P
                  Mainly because it supports more languages then just english. I hope Epic doesn't mind me linking the image here, but this is what I am talking about why Epic didn't use the Ascii char set

[shot]http://www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/Shot00245.jpg[/shot]

Sure can't do that with Ascii. they used 16 bit Unicode for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.2™
                    I hate that UT2004 dont alow me to press "Ö"

It opens the console every time.
                    Cant you change that? I think you can in the INPUT section, if not look through your user.ini

Comment

If you look in the User.ini search for "ConsoleToggle" then delete the text, or move it to a diffrent key.

Comment

Originally posted by Xipher
                        Mainly because it supports more languages then just english. I hope Epic doesn't mind me linking the image here, but this is what I am talking about why Epic didn't use the Ascii char set

[shot]http://www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/Shot00245.jpg[/shot]

Sure can't do that with Ascii. they used 16 bit Unicode for a reason.
                        16 Bit unicode has a ****load of special charecters like: ☻

lol well that didn't show now did it?

Comment

im glad there isnt any of that ascii faggotry in 2004..

Comment

Suppose I wanted to use this for a tag: SixNine™
                            But you aren't a trademark. =P

Comment

But you aren't a trademark. =P
                              I am... :bored:

Comment

Working...
                              X