$500 video card for $140?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    some ppl are so ignorant thinking they would get it for that price. I myself would have done the same in a shop... i hear ppl complaining about cheaters and stuff whole day.. But when they get the first chance to "cheat"they wouldt hesitate for 1 moment... for all the ppl calling me ****.. DROP DEAD AND GET LOST!:noob:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Nut_Bag
    No

Here is an analogy I think everyone can understand.

You walk into Best Buy and wander towards the back to the TV's. You see a 65" Big Screen and some dunderhead has put a tag on it for $1.99. You promptly wheel that b!tc|-| up front as fast as you can. Do you really think you'll get that TV for $1.99. NO you won't. EVEN if there's a tag on it saying its $1.99 and they DO NOT have to sell it to you for $1.99. They don't even have to sell it to you at full retail if they don't want to. There is NO law either. So get over it :cry:

Where some people come up with this stuff is amazing. Truly amazing.
    Gives me a big smile

But usually the tags at retail stores describe the product. I could be wrong about Best Buy, but I'm sure that they would dodge that situation by pointing out the tag reads something like: Sony Antenna | SKU 0666242 | $1.99. Then you'd be the idiot for not reading the entire tag.

A more appropriate analogy would be a tag that read JVC 30" Widescreen CRT TV | SKU 0666999 | $178.99. Now that's a TV that Best Buy lists as $579.99. If the tag describes the product that is wrongly priced, you'd have a much stronger argument as a customer.

Not that it really matters, though, as you'd probably have to pitch a fit of bibilical proportions to get them to sell it to you at the tagged price. Major retailers can afford to lose that kind of money to keep customers happy. I wouldn't have bothered ordering that video card, based on reviews alone. At least call them when they open just to make sure, because they're not going to sell you a product at a $400 loss.

My $.02

-commiecat

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by {MM}Juggalo_kyl
    so im a moron, who cares. and those people are morons too for putting up that cheap *** price. i bet it was a total scam, but ****, now we will never know.
    Actually we do, read the reviews. They've pulled this before. Its a scam.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No

You walk into Best Buy and wander towards the back to the TV's. You see a 65" Big Screen and some dunderhead has put a tag on it for $1.99. You promptly wheel that b!tc|-| up front as fast as you can. Do you really think you'll get that TV for $1.99. NO you won't. EVEN if there's a tag on it saying its $1.99 and they DO NOT have to sell it to you for $1.99. They don't even have to sell it to you at full retail if they don't want to. There is NO law either. So get over it :cry:

Gives me a big smile

Originally posted by Max Rebo
    Hm. In Michigan, if you put a price tag on an item, you MUST sell it at that price. It will work like this: I'm sorry, sir, but this price is a mistake. You may purchase it at this price, but you must do it now. We will remove this incorrect price and will not sell any more of these items until the correct price is posted. If you choose to not purchase the item now at this price, you will not be given this price later. (This does not apply to some price sticker "illegally" moved from one item to another to cheat the store. It does apply to items accidentally mispriced. The store's remedy is to quickly correct the price when it is discovered. This should result in only ONE sale at the bad price.)

It's to prevent bait-and-switch. Both advertised and in-store.

Maybe you have to get over it in your locality, but consumers in Michigan appear to be covered. Here there IS a law, and they DO have to sell it to you.

Smiles.
    From my retail experiance on the dreaded sales floor.. there is truth in both of these. Yes if a product is mis-priced you will get it for the incorrectly listed price on the shelf. However. If it's an OBVIOUS mistake (i.e. $1.99 for a 62" HDTV) then you do not have to honor it. In this instance.. I don't know. It could have been a pi$$y employee who was denied vacation time. Who knows. Even if NOONE had emailed them about the error... I'm sure some half-witted bean counter would have stopped and said "Hrm... we had an increase of over 20,000% on this one item... I wonder why?" This error would have been caught then.

Sorry noone got the card for $140 I was hopin someone made a killer deal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so im a moron, who cares. and those people are morons too for putting up that cheap *** price. i bet it was a total scam, but ****, now we will never know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by {MM}Juggalo_kyl
    your stupid, now they jacked up the price, and if it wasnt for you email, people would of gotten there hands on a 6800 for less than $200. thanks for nothing asshat!

and right back at ya, moron.

I don't care what they priced it at, they *aren't* going to lose $400 per video card x 10000000 orders, idiot.

biting the bullet and losing face is a sheetload better than bankruptcy!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some of the people giving the ratings to this store are a bit crazy... like the "Crooks" guy. God this guy gets me off, he's so ****ing funny. He's such a spaz. CROOKS! Try this for a laugh. My favorite part?
    "A2Z COMPUTERS INC. HAS BEEN RUNNING BY CROOKS WITH CRAPS. BE AWARE OF THEIR CROOK TO GRAB YOUR MONEY.:

[crooks]

Review (Very Dissatisfied)

Posted by
    1/20/04 4:23 PM (2 of 2 users found this review helpful)

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME to place orders on CHEAP PRODUCTS from A2Z Computers CROOKS unless you want to be RIPPED OFF and deal with the RUDE Customer Service Representatives. STAY AWAY FROM A2Z CRAPS AS FAR AS YOU CAN.

I shopped at many online stores such as NewEgg, ZipZoomFly, etc. and received great services from several stores. After I read a lot of good comments about A2Z Computers Inc., I assumed that this was a good place to shop UNTIL later I found out A2Z Computers Inc. has a bunch of CROOKS that are running their business.

The problem was, I placed my order around 3:58 AM CST on 12/26/2003. I found out the item was incompatible with my system, and then I sent a request e-mail to cancel my order around 4:22 AM CST 12/26/2003. Allison (She is a Business Development Coordinator at A2Z Computers Inc.) sent me a reply e-mail with a content showing that my order was cancelled around 8:31 AM CST 12/26/2003.

Around 3:25 PM CST 12/26/2003, about 6 hours since Allison sent me a reply e-mail to confirm my order cancelation, an employee of A2Z Computers Inc., sent me an e-mail saying that they shipped my order. WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON? "Around 7:01 PM CST 12/26/2003, I received another e-mail from A2Z Computers Inc., saying my order had been shipped.

At that point in time, I realized that A2Z Computers Inc., was run by A BUNCH OF CRAPS inside their business operation. I called A2Z Computers Inc., on 12/26/2003 and spoke with a Customer Service Representative guy, and this guy was RUDE like HELL. As the result of my conversation with this RUDE guy, he confirmed that my order was cancelled on 12/26/2003.

On 1/20/2004, I called my Credit Card company and found out that A2Z Computers Inc. charged me the SHIPPING FEE for the order that Allison CANCELLED on 12/26/2003. The fact is: A2Z Computers Inc., sent me an e-mail telling me that they cancelled my order, then 6 hours later, they went ship the item by their mistake of inconsistent decisions, and charged me the shipping fee. WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG with these AWFUL MORONS at A2Z Computers Inc.!

I spoke with Terry on 01/20/2004 (She is a Customer Service Representative at A2Z Computers Inc.) regarding to this problem. She told me the order that I placed on 12/26/2003 was never cancelled. I said what about the order cancelation e-mail that was confirmed by Allison on 12/26/2003. She said A2Z Computers Inc., never cancelled my order on 12/26/2003. WHAT THE HELL WERE THESE A2Z COMPUTERS CROOKS PLAYING? I said check with Allison about her canceling my order on 12/26/2003. Terry put me on hold until I got hung up. ****! I tried to call back several times, but every time I called back, I got switched to their voice mails for leaving messages, and then their system hung me up.

MY RECOMMENDATION TO CONSUMERS IS:

A2Z COMPUTERS INC. HAS BEEN RUNNING BY CROOKS WITH CRAPS. BE AWARE OF THEIR CROOK TO GRAB YOUR MONEY.

MY RECOMMENDATION TO A2Z COMPUTERS INC. EMPLOYEES:

LEARN HOW TO DO A BUSINESS WITH CUSTOMERS AND REFUND ME MY SHIPPING MONEY THAT YOU HAVE RIPPED ME OFF FROM YOUR SHIPPING MISTAKE , AND LEARN NOT TO BE SUCH A BUNCH OF CROOKS IN YOUR FUTURE BUSINESS.

IF YOU WANT TO BE IN BUSINESS, YOU HAVE TO PUT CUSTOMERS ON FIRST WITHOUT CROOKING THEM. WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKS!

To see how A2Z Computers Inc. responded to my rating on BizRate.com, browse the the following URL link:

http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide...r_type--1.html

They have already ripped me off, and these A2Z Computers CROOKS did not refund me the shipping fee. They blame everything on customers so that they have a good reason to rip you off. WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKS.

[/crooks]

CROOKS, EVERYBODY, CROOKS.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No

Gives me a big smile

Hm. In Michigan, if you put a price tag on an item, you MUST sell it at that price. It will work like this: I'm sorry, sir, but this price is a mistake. You may purchase it at this price, but you must do it now. We will remove this incorrect price and will not sell any more of these items until the correct price is posted. If you choose to not purchase the item now at this price, you will not be given this price later. (This does not apply to some price sticker "illegally" moved from one item to another to cheat the store. It does apply to items accidentally mispriced. The store's remedy is to quickly correct the price when it is discovered. This should result in only ONE sale at the bad price.)

It's to prevent bait-and-switch. Both advertised and in-store.

Maybe you have to get over it in your locality, but consumers in Michigan appear to be covered. Here there IS a law, and they DO have to sell it to you.

Smiles.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OLD news. Read the reseller rating. 4.0 is TERRIBLE

Leave a comment:

• replied
    maybe someone dragged the wrong cell in their microsoft excel or whatever...

well, one day i went to my PCWorld computer store, and i thought i needed to get a new modem/router ... luckily enough, there was one on the second-hand table, the zoomadsl x4 with usb+4 ethernet hubs , built in firewall (never got around to finding out how to get to it tho, the menus seem no different from my zoomadsl x3 which had no firewall) , and other stuff... well, it normally costs 60 pounds or something, but when i got to the checkout, it looks like the person manning the till was kind of new and didnt know what to do with second hand stuff or something, and i was also buying like a telephone line (5 pounds) and some ethernet line (15 pounds) , and in the checkout i got only billed for 20 pounds... well, probably abit more, or i didnt buy the exact same stuff,and maybe those things didnt cost exactly that, but something similar...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You guys actually think they made a "mistake" in the pricing? :haha:

Wasn't it like 138.50 which is absoultely nothing like the real price? I believe it even had cents which couldn't possibly be a mistake. I personally think it is hilarious that anyone ordered thinking that they would get it for that price. I guess it's easy to not think about everything showing that it wasn't going to be shipped at the price when you're stupid huh?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by »»Duiveltje««
    i have send an email to the webmaster and the guys that go over the sale. If it really is true i will post it here. And ofcourse order 1 for myself
    your stupid, now they jacked up the price, and if it wasnt for you email, people would of gotten there hands on a 6800 for less than $200. thanks for nothing asshat!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyone who listens to SOME of the advice/opinions that are given on forums such as these gets what they deserve.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ROFL! That funny!

How about people get more upset that this company is selling a 6800 Ultra for $200 more than retail! That ****** me off more and more at these companies who do that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd throw my two dollars and wheel that sucker out as fast as possible!

The change wouldn't stop spinning till I reached home!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X