No announcement yet.

$500 video card for $140?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so im a moron, who cares. and those people are morons too for putting up that cheap *** price. i bet it was a total scam, but ****, now we will never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Nut_Bag
      No

Here is an analogy I think everyone can understand.

You walk into Best Buy and wander towards the back to the TV's. You see a 65" Big Screen and some dunderhead has put a tag on it for $1.99. You promptly wheel that b!tc|-| up front as fast as you can. Do you really think you'll get that TV for $1.99. NO you won't. EVEN if there's a tag on it saying its $1.99 and they DO NOT have to sell it to you for $1.99. They don't even have to sell it to you at full retail if they don't want to. There is NO law either. So get over it :cry:

Where some people come up with this stuff is amazing. Truly amazing.
      Gives me a big smile

Originally posted by Max Rebo
      Hm. In Michigan, if you put a price tag on an item, you MUST sell it at that price. It will work like this: I'm sorry, sir, but this price is a mistake. You may purchase it at this price, but you must do it now. We will remove this incorrect price and will not sell any more of these items until the correct price is posted. If you choose to not purchase the item now at this price, you will not be given this price later. (This does not apply to some price sticker "illegally" moved from one item to another to cheat the store. It does apply to items accidentally mispriced. The store's remedy is to quickly correct the price when it is discovered. This should result in only ONE sale at the bad price.)

It's to prevent bait-and-switch. Both advertised and in-store.

Maybe you have to get over it in your locality, but consumers in Michigan appear to be covered. Here there IS a law, and they DO have to sell it to you.

Smiles.
      From my retail experiance on the dreaded sales floor.. there is truth in both of these. Yes if a product is mis-priced you will get it for the incorrectly listed price on the shelf. However. If it's an OBVIOUS mistake (i.e. $1.99 for a 62" HDTV) then you do not have to honor it. In this instance.. I don't know. It could have been a pi$$y employee who was denied vacation time. Who knows. Even if NOONE had emailed them about the error... I'm sure some half-witted bean counter would have stopped and said "Hrm... we had an increase of over 20,000% on this one item... I wonder why?" This error would have been caught then.

Sorry noone got the card for $140 I was hopin someone made a killer deal.

Comment

Originally posted by {MM}Juggalo_kyl
        so im a moron, who cares. and those people are morons too for putting up that cheap *** price. i bet it was a total scam, but ****, now we will never know.
        Actually we do, read the reviews. They've pulled this before. Its a scam.

Comment

Originally posted by Nut_Bag
          No

Here is an analogy I think everyone can understand.

You walk into Best Buy and wander towards the back to the TV's. You see a 65" Big Screen and some dunderhead has put a tag on it for $1.99. You promptly wheel that b!tc|-| up front as fast as you can. Do you really think you'll get that TV for $1.99. NO you won't. EVEN if there's a tag on it saying its $1.99 and they DO NOT have to sell it to you for $1.99. They don't even have to sell it to you at full retail if they don't want to. There is NO law either. So get over it :cry:

Where some people come up with this stuff is amazing. Truly amazing.
          Gives me a big smile

But usually the tags at retail stores describe the product. I could be wrong about Best Buy, but I'm sure that they would dodge that situation by pointing out the tag reads something like: Sony Antenna | SKU 0666242 | $1.99. Then you'd be the idiot for not reading the entire tag.

A more appropriate analogy would be a tag that read JVC 30" Widescreen CRT TV | SKU 0666999 | $178.99. Now that's a TV that Best Buy lists as $579.99. If the tag describes the product that is wrongly priced, you'd have a much stronger argument as a customer.

Not that it really matters, though, as you'd probably have to pitch a fit of bibilical proportions to get them to sell it to you at the tagged price. Major retailers can afford to lose that kind of money to keep customers happy. I wouldn't have bothered ordering that video card, based on reviews alone. At least call them when they open just to make sure, because they're not going to sell you a product at a $400 loss.

My $.02

-commiecat

Comment

some ppl are so ignorant thinking they would get it for that price. I myself would have done the same in a shop... i hear ppl complaining about cheaters and stuff whole day.. But when they get the first chance to "cheat"they wouldt hesitate for 1 moment... for all the ppl calling me ****.. DROP DEAD AND GET LOST!:noob:

Comment

Working...
            X