Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump

Comment

They only have to honor it if they care what people think of them...it's not against the law to turn it down.

Comment

http://thetechzone.dealtime.com/xMR-...MRD-304853~S-1

"Very frustrating. I strongly advise against using this vendor.
        By: soundslinger, December 23rd, 2003

I ordered a sony dvd-rw model # dru510ak and they sent me a model # dw-u14a. I called them and they insisted it was the same model, even though they list both models on their website, and the model I ordered is more expensive! I did some research and found out that the model they sent me only has a 2mb buffer while the one I ordered has an 8mb buffer. "

Comment

Same address same fax number, yadda yadda. BBB reports.

http://www.akron.bbb.org/nis/newsear...72000017002042

http://www.akron.bbb.org/nis/newsear...72000014004222

Comment

Even if it was real, you don't think you'd actually be supporting Nvidia by buying it do you?

**** scammers and/or thieves!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhl
              **** man, I'm gonna order it lol, $140 ain't much when you can just do a chargeback with your credit card
              There is an insane 20% restocking fee plus shipping cost back and forth so you'd probably stand to loose around 40 bucks altogether. This company seems to play a lot of games, I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

Comment

The reason that scams work is because people will believe anything if you tell them what they want to hear. This card sells for over $500. If they were really going to try and undercut other websites, they would sell it for slightly less, maybe $450. It would still be cheaper and they would still be able to profit while driving in more customers.

What good reason would they have to sell a $500+ video card for $150. Its not like with a retail store, they'll sometimes have low prices to get you in there so you'll buy other things and they can guilt you into usless extended warranty. With a website it doesn't work that way. Your not going to go there and shop around. Face it, there is no possible advantage for the website in this case.

If you really think its just a typo on their page then you should PM me I'm selling Brooklyn Bridge and because we're all such great friends I'll give you a awesome deal.

Comment

It's now listed at $698.00

Comment

I just checked out my order and it says it is cancelled with this message:

Dear valued customer, we are very sorry to inform you, but your order was cancelled due to price discrepancy. This problem occurred due to a technical malfunction. Price error has since been fixed and corrected. Customer service department.

I also check my Visa and there are no charges on there. So no cheap video card for me. I kinda figured as much.

Comment

Originally posted by colamann1
                      I just checked out my order and it says it is cancelled with this message:

Dear valued customer, we are very sorry to inform you, but your order was cancelled due to price discrepancy. This problem occurred due to a technical malfunction. Price error has since been fixed and corrected. Customer service department.

I also check my Visa and there are no charges on there. So no cheap video card for me. I kinda figured as much.
                      but free publicity for their website

Comment

Are they not bound to dispatch the goods at the price you were given when you placed your order with them? Sorry, haven't read the whole thread but if there's a confirmation email that they'll ship then they'd be on extremely rocky ground if they then went back on this agreement (certainly in the UK, at least).

Anyway, it's either sheer incompetency on their part or a relatively clever gimmick. They did get their name spread around so their marketing department will be pleased and I'm sure it's not just here this has been discussed.

cheers,
                        mag.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDeacon
                          Do you really think that the price was put in incorrectly on purpose???
                          I don't think so!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie
                            Same address same fax number, yadda yadda. BBB reports.

http://www.akron.bbb.org/nis/newsear...72000017002042

http://www.akron.bbb.org/nis/newsear...72000014004222
                            Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
                            http://thetechzone.dealtime.com/xMR-...MRD-304853~S-1

"Very frustrating. I strongly advise against using this vendor.
                            By: soundslinger, December 23rd, 2003

I ordered a sony dvd-rw model # dru510ak and they sent me a model # dw-u14a. I called them and they insisted it was the same model, even though they list both models on their website, and the model I ordered is more expensive! I did some research and found out that the model they sent me only has a 2mb buffer while the one I ordered has an 8mb buffer. "
                            Yes, good free advertisement. :noob:

Comment

lol, even the inq put this ad up in an article on their newspage . Although now the price is up to $698 *yuck*.

Comment

Originally posted by [FnG] magnolia
                                Are they not bound to dispatch the goods at the price you were given when you placed your order with them? Sorry, haven't read the whole thread but if there's a confirmation email that they'll ship then they'd be on extremely rocky ground if they then went back on this agreement (certainly in the UK, at least).

Anyway, it's either sheer incompetency on their part or a relatively clever gimmick. They did get their name spread around so their marketing department will be pleased and I'm sure it's not just here this has been discussed.

cheers,
                                mag.
                                They don't have to sell at a mistake price. The same as if a printer made a mistake in a flyer, its not the companies fault and they do not have to sell anything to anyone if they choose. If however they already shipped the goods and charged you the mistake price then they would have to honor it, cause its now sold and shipped and out of their hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X