2 things to say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 things to say

Yesterday i played a warming up match with bots and then went out on the net for some ons, whuch I haven't visited for 2 month...
    I found out 2 things:

1) When using bot roster to configure their settings, then making them the best in everything (or up to 50 in jumpiness and such) + making lg their favourite weap, they are a hell lot better!

I have lost my first game against them for a LONG LONG TIME.

2) After (as i mentioned earlier) not playing ons for 2 month, i decided to give it a go and went out for 6 matches in 6 diffrent RANDOM servers. I was the best in every one of them by far.
    Not only was my score higher by like 2 times than the second player, I also found out i was the only one actually KNOWING THE GAME! sure, there were some people who knew what "linking up" meant, but even they were camping the "Award winning most famouse vehicle ever" - the raptor, and spent most of the game sniping instead of attacking the powercore or something. These are just 2 little examples, but there are a lot of little things which indicate that they simply didnt know what to do.
    I dun get it!!!! They had 2 month to improve while i was gone, yet even the veterans were lousy!

ONS is my favourite gametype but obviously It needs more good players.

Ahh well, +1 posts

My theory is that the best players on pubs have found servers they like to play on and that's about the only place they play. So unless you know one of those servers, you're not going to find much of a game.

And unless you're BS'ing in your profile, you're probably not going to have much luck finding decent servers near your location.

Comment

1) Stop playing against bots
      2) Stop playing against noobs

Comment

Originally posted by Folk
        And unless you're BS'ing in your profile, you're probably not going to have much luck finding decent servers near your location.
        So true, So sad...

Comment

Originally posted by =XM=
          1) Stop playing against bots
          2) Stop playing against noobs
          1) It's just to for warmup and bringing my reflaxes up to speed :noob:

2) Can't help it, I live in Israel so I have a really limited choice of servers, but sheesh! out of like 50 ppl In 5 servers can't there be some decent players? I easliy beat them after not playing it for 2 month! (Although I'v got to admit my fragging skills got so much better in that time which gave me a great advantage and some killing sprees )

Comment

My theory is that the best players on pubs have found servers they like to play on and that's about the only place they play. So unless you know one of those servers, you're not going to find much of a game.

this is because there are so few ons servers that ping well, from my experience

Comment

Re: 2 things to say

Originally posted by eddie_s
              2) After (as i mentioned earlier) not playing ons for 2 month, i decided to give it a go and went out for 6 matches in 6 diffrent RANDOM servers. I was the best in every one of them by far.
              Not only was my score higher by like 2 times than the second player, I also found out i was the only one actually KNOWING THE GAME! sure, there were some people who knew what "linking up" meant, but even they were camping the "Award winning most famouse vehicle ever" - the raptor, and spent most of the game sniping instead of attacking the powercore or something...
              Please, stop playing on n00b servers.

I give you the "camping the raptor" part but all the rest...

Anyway :bored:

Comment

So true.

Try the Cains Lair 32 player ONS server. There is a group of VERY good regular players there. It is located in the eastern US, but there are regular players there from UK, Lithuania, Netherlands, Sweden, and France all with not-too-bad ping.
                Server Address: 63.113.48.61:8000
                regulars map http://regulars.cainslairgames.com/cainOther.html

Comment

Originally posted by zer0{MK}
                  So true.

Try the Cains Lair 32 player ONS server. There is a group of VERY good regular players there. It is located in the eastern US, but there are regular players there from UK, Lithuania, Netherlands, Sweden, and France all with not-too-bad ping.
                  THX I'll give it a shot (literaly)=spelling

Comment

Working...
                  X