Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At the start of ONS maps, how do I prevent that map window from popping up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the start of ONS maps, how do I prevent that map window from popping up?

I know there is an option to remove it upon every death. What about upon every map start.

People always rush to the vehicles while I am stuck trying to close that window as quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance.

pres esc as soon as u see it then run for that raptor like its the alst woman on earth

Comment

Originally posted by FireStorm2KO
      pres esc as soon as u see it then run for that raptor like its the alst woman on earth
      And if its primeval?

Comment

Originally posted by sure
        And if its primeval?
        Then start throwin spiders everywhere you can!

Comment

Even in base? @start? That's stupid. :sulk:

Comment

Originally posted by -]FusiøN[-
            Even in base? @start? That's stupid. :sulk:

...dont pretend you havent seen it happen

Comment

It shouldn't do that...

Comment

Originally posted by Jezza101
                ...dont pretend you havent seen it happen
                :haha: got me there. I never really understood why people defend the powercore. Powernodes? Yes, those (the critical ones) i defend.

Comment

Spidermining and tank whoring on primeval.....oh god how the cheap, no skill kill maps make me laugh

Comment

Re: At the start of ONS maps, how do I prevent that map window from popping up?

Originally posted by AaronT
                    I know there is an option to remove it upon every death. What about upon every map start.

People always rush to the vehicles while I am stuck trying to close that window as quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance.
                    It sounds like your rig is a little slow loading the maps. Usually, I've got that window closed and am waiting for other players. Have you unchecked the "precache skins" option?

The time does seem to vary a bit from server to server... I think the delay at the start of a map is a configurable option, since some servers seem to start the next map quicker than others. But if you're seeing it on all servers then you need to do something to try to reduce the load time. Have you defragged lately?

Comment

Oh it's not a matter with map loading, all my hardware is new and harddrive is defragged.

It just dont want that darn map window popping up on every new map.

Comment

Originally posted by -]FusiøN[-
                        :haha: got me there. I never really understood why people defend the powercore. Powernodes? Yes, those (the critical ones) i defend.
                        Ok good tactik but if there are two players at your powercore shooting flak from close range you better shoot them before you go to the node because your core will be gone before you arrive.
                        oh and on the topic,its the same for everybody so the players you see taking all the vehicles are just faster as you.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronT
                          Oh it's not a matter with map loading, all my hardware is new and harddrive is defragged.

It just dont want that darn map window popping up on every new map.
                          First you say you are delayed compared to other players, and now you say it's just an annoyance? :weird:

Comment

Working...
                          X