bad timedilation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad timedilation?

ok so i joined a server and about a minute or 2 after i joined antitcc kicks me out saying: "Your TimeDilation setting was incorrect: 1.10".

what exactly does that mean? and why was i kicked from the game for it..? and how would it affect the game..?

I have no idea.

Comment

It's a type of speedhack, if you joined the particular server you got kicked on straight after exiting another server that has a modified game speed it can trigger the protection.

It can also be triggered if you exited a botmatch under similar circumstances or if the author of the map your were on messed with some settings he shouldn't have

Getting kicked for that isn't too big a deal, if you reboot UT and try to join the same server you should get in fine....otherwise I would imagine the map has bad settings.

EDIT: The server could have been running funny mods too

Comment

i did go right from a normal game speed server to one that was slightly higher. maybe that hit it. good to know its not too big a deal tho.

Comment

Re: bad timedilation?

At the velocities people currently travel the effect of time dilation is small, but measurable with accurate instruments. Since time dilation affects the rate at which time passes, the total discrepancy between stationary and moving clocks increases throughout the voyage. Several Russian cosmonauts have spent a year or more in Earth orbit on the space station Mir. Their orbital velocity, about 7700 metres per second, is only 0.0000257 times the speed of light, yielding a time dilation factor of 1.00000000033; each second on board Mir, 1.00000000033 seconds pass on Earth. For every second you age on Earth, the cosmonaut in orbit ages 3 nanoseconds less. This doesn't seem like much, but it adds up; after a year the cosmonaut's watch will be 3.8 seconds behind your earthbound timepiece.

Originally posted by Twisted_Soul
          ok so i joined a server and about a minute or 2 after i joined antitcc kicks me out saying: "Your TimeDilation setting was incorrect: 1.10".

what exactly does that mean? and why was i kicked from the game for it..? and how would it affect the game..?

Comment

No he's not playing from space (me missed point of above post)

Comment

i hate AntiTCC, they say its better for the servers, and all it does is lag your *** out. or kick you for no ****ing reason.

Comment

Originally posted by {MM}Juggalo_kyl
                i hate AntiTCC, they say its better for the servers, and all it does is lag your *** out. or kick you for no ****ing reason.
                Yeah, thats great. Hey, you win! :noob:

I believe they fixed this problem (with level.timedilation getting 'stuck' and tripping the server's protection) in the latest patch.
                - Fixed gamespeed mutator "sticking" in instant action games
                Until then, your best bet is to restart the game before you hop online (from playing offline with the gamespeed mute)

Comment

Working...
                X