No announcement yet.

instagib with shot delay ? LOL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boksha, I use RivaTuner to use 0 frames ahead, launch the game and then put everything back at normal setting. My XP has been installed (clean) recently and is free of spyware, virus, trojans or unusual connections. Actually, there's no connection alive except UT2004 when I'm playing. I even found out a way to disable the usual microsoft-ds connection that is always alive in XP. Also the firewall does not report packets coming in. This new ISP is wonderfull about that. I can receive about 1 or 2 icmp packets by hour if that much. Not a connection issue.
    As I said so many times, used different drivers, new OS, new ISP, different BIOS settings, you name it...
    Nevermind anyway. It's actually useless to keep talking about this as who has no problems with the game will probably just call me a nOOb. Typical. You just wait for the next useless patch...

Comment

Originally posted by Ignition
      Fix this bug for me pls: Big beam on teh instagib rifle like in UT1 and faster movement.. and no so bumpy

:noob:

ANYBODY AGREE? :bulb:
      I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Abilio_KID
        Boksha, I use RivaTuner to use 0 frames ahead, launch the game and then put everything back at normal setting. My XP has been installed (clean) recently and is free of spyware, virus, trojans or unusual connections. Actually, there's no connection alive except UT2004 when I'm playing. I even found out a way to disable the usual microsoft-ds connection that is always alive in XP. Also the firewall does not report packets coming in. This new ISP is wonderfull about that. I can receive about 1 or 2 icmp packets by hour if that much. Not a connection issue.
        As I said so many times, used different drivers, new OS, new ISP, different BIOS settings, you name it...
        Nevermind anyway. It's actually useless to keep talking about this as who has no problems with the game will probably just call me a nOOb. Typical. You just wait for the next useless patch...
        Well, if it happens offline it can't be your connection...
        Sounds like it almost HAS to be a compatability issue between UT2k4 and some piece of hardware.

Originally posted by Ignition
        Fix this bug for me pls: Big beam on teh instagib rifle like in UT1
        I made a mutator that does exactly that. Ask [NBS]Flak, she might still be running a server that uses that mutator.

Comment

Originally posted by stdanny
          Is that all you have to say?
          no

Comment

Abilio_KID
            Not to sound rude, but first it was the ISP which lagged, then it was AntiTCC which lagged, and now its lagging even offline. Maybe its something with your PC, maybe. Just noticing the statistics :heart: At least im happy you have an nVidia card(i guess), so its definitely not ATi which lags you

Boksha
            TY to point to the point that i use punctuation, even as IG player :cry: ( what a hilarious comparison :heart: )
            To the lag issue, i could guess that the sound and firing delay times are calculated separately on client and server respectively and additional synchronization is omitted to save some bits, just like in case with rox, which leads to funny effects due to ping. You say you could reproduce that even on LAN server?

Comment

Not sure but since we're talking full servers here, could it be that the load to the server is too big? not everyone is running dual 3.2 xeons on their server...

Comment

Originally posted by Gaal Dornik
                To the lag issue, i could guess that the sound and firing delay times are calculated separately on client and server respectively and additional synchronization is omitted to save some bits, just like in case with rox, which leads to funny effects due to ping. You say you could reproduce that even on LAN server?
                There is no additional synchronisation between the weapon serverside and clientside, but Epic figured out some really funky code to make sure the weapons could never unsync in the first place. The general idea is to make the time it takes to fire a weapon independant of tickrate/FPS (which wasn't the case in UT1, hence the so called "Minigun rape tickrates")
                The only way the weapons could unsync is if you don't hold the mousebutton down, but wait a few MILLIseconds after the weapon is reloaded. This COULD result in the weapon clientside displaying it's firing animation later than the actual shot is fired, which would result in what looks like negative lag. :bulb:
                The relation between this and the dud-rocket issue is not really relevant.

Comment

Gaal Dornik, my previous ISP gave me speeds below 56K when I was paying for 640/128kbps. I had 150+ pings everywhere but the main problem was the packet loss reaching over 100 many times. Got a new ISP, fixed that. I still had the AntiTCC problem but that was useless as I did lag even without it.
                  Now, the ISP problem was fixed. When playing online I would get major 'stops' from AntiTCC checks and general stuttering with it. The problem changed.
                  Now I play both AntiTCC and non AntiTCC and I still have the stupid delay even without changing anything on my side. It sure happens offline but it's almost un-noticed (basically because I then have 0 ping, duh). I just mentioned it to prove it's probably some game issue.
                  When you say it's my PC then I can only tell you that every other game works as it should. Sure I'm not talking about DOOM3 or something on my old PC. I don't even play it because of that. However, UT2004 DM is the same as in UT2003. So it should not lag more then it did in UT2003.

I'm either an unlucky guy because my UT2004 problems go from on thing to another or I do have some hardware issue that I can't find. Everything else works OK. Even if this is the problem then it's a simple stupidity of the game programmers not to test it one more system configurations. Just go check the number of players with top machines complaining about issues with the game.
                  In the end the common factor is simply UT2004.

Comment

Oh man, SixNine, the noob who dont know **** about what he's talkin about. The lag issue has been argues about since the 2004 demo, and frankly you really cant hold much ground in an argument

Comment

Originally posted by 3pyon
                      Oh man, SixNine, the noob who dont know **** about what he's talkin about. The lag issue has been argues about since the 2004 demo, and frankly you really cant hold much ground in an argument
                      Lag is a good excuse for sucking evelope. =)

Comment

Working...
                      X