Motherboard Temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motherboard Temperature

Well, I just can't seem to find any information about this on the internet, but I need to know this.

I'm running alot of hot hardware in a very small case, the Antec Aria. The cooling in this case is FAR from adequete. Generally I run the case with the sides off and a desk fan blowing air through it, but if I do put the sides on (for a lan party, exc.) the case temps go through the roof. Right now, at mostly idle (running a few programs, but none are doing anything really), with the sides on, my CPU temp is 45*C, and the motherboard temp is a blazing 47*C.

My question is, how safe is it to operate the computer at these case temps? Will this lower the life expectancy of my hardware? And what is the maximum temp the inside of the case should reach?

BTW, with the desk fan blowing through the case at full load, the CPU doesn't go over 50*C, and the case temp sits about 2*C to 3*C above room temp.

60-70 is where you should get worried..

45-50 is quite normal temperatures.

Not optimal no but absolutly nothing to worry about.

Comment

what about 50.1-59.9?

Comment

That my friends even I dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.2™
          That my friends even I dont know.
          See, that sucks, because I can't find anything on the internet that addresses the issue of safe case temperatures either. Most people don't have a problem, because they aren't running their hardware in a tiny case like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrog
            what about 50.1-59.9?
            lol

Comment

Mine runs at 20-30C, i think 47 is to high because processors are suppose to run that hot, not motherboards.

Comment

Originally posted by deadman_uk
                Mine runs at 20-30C, i think 47 is to high because processors are suppose to run that hot, not motherboards.
                Exactly, thats why this is important for me to figure out. The fact that my RAM is running that hot, my HDs, my PCI cards... I'd like to feel safe leaving the sides on my case, but as of now, I don't know if I can.

This won't be an issue once I implement some water cooling, but until then...

Comment

Re: Motherboard Temperature

Originally posted by Layziepop01
                  Generally I run the case with the sides off and a desk fan blowing air through it, but if I do put the sides on (for a lan party, exc.) the case temps go through the roof. Right now, at mostly idle (running a few programs, but none are doing anything really), with the sides on, my CPU temp is 45*C, and the motherboard temp is a blazing 47*C.
                  Is it at all possible that you have the sensors mixed up? It's kinda weird that your CPU temp is lower than your motherboard temp. Usually it's the other way around...

Comment

Re: Re: Motherboard Temperature

Originally posted by senshu
                    Is it at all possible that you have the sensors mixed up? It's kinda weird that your CPU temp is lower than your motherboard temp. Usually it's the other way around...
                    Nope, no mix up. I'm using AsusProbe, and as far as I know it's pretty accurate. It's probably because the CPU is blowing the hot air away, while the motherboard sensor is catching that heat, plus the N Bridge and RAM heat.

It's not THAT much higher than the CPU temp. Like I said, both temps stay about the same all the time. The MB temp jumps up above the CPU temp only once in a while.

At complete idle right now, the CPU and MB temps are both 39*C (102*F)

Comment

It's perfectly fine. Especially for a Prescott.

Comment

But still, like I said, I'm more interested in the Motherboard temps. Should they be running up towards 120*F plus? Is that safe?

Comment

Originally posted by Layziepop01
                          That looks cool. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by The5thviruz
                            That looks cool. :up:
                            Oh, it is!

[SHOT]http://home.comcast.net/~layziepop_01/DSCF0049.JPG[/SHOT]
                            [SHOT]http://home.comcast.net/~layziepop_01/DSCF0050.JPG[/SHOT]
                            [SHOT]http://home.comcast.net/~layziepop_01/DSCF0051.JPG[/SHOT]
                            [SHOT]http://home.comcast.net/~layziepop_01/DSCF0053.JPG[/SHOT]

Comment

Talk about spacious.... :bulb:

Does it come in a bigger size???

Well i found this...http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=61065

Comment

Working...
                              X