Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADSL 256k

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    ADSL 256k

    Hi guys,

    I gonna get ADSL-256k... but i really don't know if it's gonna ''Lagg'' @ Ut2k4... i have Cable and the ping is around 30/50 @ Jolt (AS)

    Does anyone knows what the ping will be with ADSL-256k??


    Thnx in advance... :up:

    #2
    well, im sure you already know this, but asdl doesnt even come close to cable. I think my friend used asdl for UT99 and he would ping 170+ at most servers.

    Comment


      #3
      Wrong, ADSL is just fine for pings.

      It will definitely be playable. (<80)

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by FatMouse
        Wrong, ADSL is just fine for pings.

        It will definitely be playable. (<80)
        Are you sure?? so the ping will be +/- above the 80?? (No lagg or those things?) :heart: :up:

        Comment


          #5
          You'll be fine. Just don't go downloading loads of other stuff while you're playing.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by senshu
            You'll be fine. Just don't go downloading loads of other stuff while you're playing.
            Ok, i will not download N I Thing

            Thnx for the info guys... now i can sleep normally :up:

            Comment


              #7
              you'll be fine, adsl isn't that much slower, i'm running on wireless dsl (with a desktop , triying to work on that) and i can usually find sub 100 servers to play on, i think i get around 100 on flaks US sniper arena

              Comment


                #8
                Re: ADSL 256k

                Originally posted by ]M[-SiLv3rJaX-
                Hi guys,

                I gonna get ADSL-256k... but i really don't know if it's gonna ''Lagg'' @ Ut2k4... i have Cable and the ping is around 30/50 @ Jolt (AS)

                Does anyone knows what the ping will be with ADSL-256k??


                Thnx in advance... :up:
                Just wondering, but why are you getting 256K broadband?

                How much would that be?

                Cus if the price is the issue Im sure some people would be able to tell you an ISP that may be cheaper and/or faster.

                Comment


                  #9
                  The speed of your broadband has very little to do with the ping. As an example of this, single channel ISDN, which is a true digital 64Kbps connection, can often ping as well as cable to some servers. It's all about the routing, as the more hops between you and the server, the higher your ping.

                  BTW, I used to get ~150 ping on my 56k dialup to some servers in UT99. That was on Earthlink. :noob:

                  Comment


                    #10
                    adsl pings alot better than cabel on awrange and since it isn't a shared connection like cabel it doesn't slow down during peak hours.

                    I got 8192Kbit DSL (8Mbit) / 1024Kbit (1Mbit)

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I used to have 256 ADSL and it was just fine. Dont worry you should be able to play most servers without lag.

                      I have now upgraded to a 2mbit ADSL and I hardly ever experience any lag now (just my usual pc lag )

                      And besides ADSL>cable

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by jaQal
                        I used to have 256 ADSL and it was just fine. Dont worry you should be able to play most servers without lag.

                        I have now upgraded to a 2mbit ADSL and I hardly ever experience any lag now (just my usual pc lag )

                        And besides ADSL>cable
                        Coool, what was youre average ping?


                        -=-=-=-

                        Thnx for the Info guys! :up: :up: :up:

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Maybe a question for Krill...

                          NOW i have cable (4000 kbit/s) but if i download something on a Normall web like Unreal. My average speed is around the 400/300kb/s. but my Average download speed of that cable is 4MB/s

                          How's gonna be with that 256k-ADSL? will i get a Average of 50kb/s?? (I hope i DONT!! )

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I don't see why 256k DSL would give you lag. I use 512k and I get steady pings of about 40ms to most UK servers. I can't see why your ping would be any higher than, say 80ms.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by ]M[-SiLv3rJaX-
                              Maybe a question for Krill...

                              NOW i have cable (4000 kbit/s) but if i download something on a Normall web like Unreal. My average speed is around the 400/300kb/s. but my Average download speed of that cable is 4MB/s

                              How's gonna be with that 256k-ADSL? will i get a Average of 50kb/s?? (I hope i DONT!! )
                              256k downstream?

                              If so your talking 25-30KB/s.

                              If thats your downstream whats your upstream speed?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X