Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE3 - When? (upgrading)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by [H]DaVisionz
    according to the Maximum PC Game Engine Special guide that came out recently, there is NOTHING out there right now that will run this engine
    Wrong, the Nvidia Geforce 6800 Ultra Extreme (and series) and the ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum (and series) can run the engine, although not at frame rates of 50-100, they can most definitly display the engine in enough frames for the human eye to not notice the difference.

    To say there is nothing now is completely wrong! How the heck do you think they showed us UE3 live in my face, with the projectors and hardware visible with the blinking lights and open cased machine?

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by SonicBlaster200
      Wrong, the Nvidia Geforce 6800 Ultra Extreme (and series) and the ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum (and series) can run the engine, although not at frame rates of 50-100, they can most definitly display the engine in enough frames for the human eye to not notice the difference.

      To say there is nothing now is completely wrong! How the heck do you think they showed us UE3 live in my face, with the projectors and hardware visible with the blinking lights and open cased machine?
      but it was hardly 16 bots playing with full detail now was it? I do see your point though, the long and the short of it is don't upgrade now with UE3 in mind, upgrade now with current / early 2005 games in hand :up:

      Comment


        #18
        If you have an upgrade cycle of 2-3 years, it might be wise to take one now. Perhaps not the most expensive things but a rank below it.

        Comment


          #19
          k so this is what im gonna do... im gonna wait for the SLI and get one TOTL (Top of the line) geforce card, and a TOTL amd 64.

          whatcha think? good/bad?

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Esproc
            k so this is what im gonna do... im gonna wait for the SLI and get one TOTL (Top of the line) geforce card, and a TOTL amd 64.

            whatcha think? good/bad?
            Wait a year or two. Dual cores just might be out by then.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Xipher
              Wait a year or two. Dual cores just might be out by then.
              Probably, since clockspeed seems to be at a complete standstill.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by placebo
                Probably, since clockspeed seems to be at a complete standstill.
                And the fact Intel droped there plans for a 4GHZ P4.

                Comment


                  #23
                  ill probably upgrade in a year/two after getting the rig that i stated above

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X