UE3 - When? (upgrading)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE3 - When? (upgrading)

I wanna upgrade my computer at about the same time UE3 will be used for games, so im just wodnering when will UE3 be used for games?

Look for 2006. :noob:

Comment

No offense, but it's pretty common knowledge that the release date for the next UT/Unreal Engine 3 is pretty much "sometime in 2006" might as well upgrade now, so you can enjoy the games that come out between then and now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhl
        No offense, but it's pretty common knowledge that the release date for the next UT/Unreal Engine 3 is pretty much "sometime in 2006" might as well upgrade now, so you can enjoy the games that come out between then and now.
        Yes but keep in mind new technology is important as it is expensive. Look at the Nvidia Geforce 6800 series And ATI Radeon X800 series, which run from 500 USD for the plain version to 580-700 for their Ultra Extreme, and XT Platinum versions.

In my opinion you should save yourself the money of buying a new PC now, because in 2 years its hardware will become completely obsolete, and with the money your saving now + the money over the next 2 years you are guaranteed to at least get the "decent" models of the next generation PC's. Who knows with all the money you might spend you can get a high-end one.

This is also the reason why datacenters avoid upgrading when we know through projected analysis that funds are better spent when the stable next generation arrives, whether it take 5 years, 10 years, or even 20 years.

Comment

wait a year or so...........prices will be down.

Comment

I'd upgrade when it comes out, instead of guesstimating specs, most of which will be Minimum Requirements when it does come out.

Comment

Q2 2007 realistically.

Comment

Re: UE3 - When? (upgrading)

Originally posted by Esproc
                I wanna upgrade my computer at about the same time UE3 will be used for games, so im just wodnering when will UE3 be used for games?
                two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tropic
                  Q2 2007 realistically.
                  you GOTTA be ****ting me.........

i can wait until 2006 to play all the games that i have preordered (just in case ur wondering what they are, the games are WoW, EQ2, Matrix Online, hl2, and MAYBE ill preorder Guild wars) but that long? ****

Comment

Re: Re: UE3 - When? (upgrading)

Originally posted by duskboy
                    two weeks.
                    :haha: :up:

Comment

according to the Maximum PC Game Engine Special guide that came out recently, there is NOTHING out there right now that will run this engine

Comment

Originally posted by [H]DaVisionz
                        according to the Maximum PC Game Engine Special guide that came out recently, there is NOTHING out there right now that will run this engine
                        Not at a playable rate any way. you can probalby get Movie rate (24FPS) out of it if you throw the right hardware, and push the settings down a a ways.

Comment

You can still upgrade now, maybe a small leap from what you have now, just to play those games as they come out. But when talking about unreal engine 3 games, you wont see anything comeing from that anytime soon. and all the games you listed will be out well before late 2006 or 2007. But top of the line hardware is whats being used to make the minimum of those engines right now. Its really not worth makeing a large upgrade untill 2006 if your lookin just for unreal engine 3 games.

Comment

Silly people that do what the machine wants...

Comment

Originally posted by MrUT
                              Silly people that do what the machine wants...
                              ... will one day own 5 dogs and eat copious amounts of beans

Comment

Working...
                              X