LOL Already fast pc get's insane cpu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toop
    Folk, I'm all for people posting what their specs, but Unforgiven is just asking for this. His post is trying to shove it in people's faces.
    I didn't read it that way. To me, it just sounded like a guy who was proud of his rig.

And I made my reply before Unforgiven posted that it was a "joke". If I had read that first, I probably wouldn't have bothered. That aside, when anyone posts specs of a monster rig, there is an inevitable "pile-on" of people talking smack about "e-*****" or whatever. I don't really undersand this attitude. If there weren't a market for the very high end stuff, then you wouldn't see it advertised. Obviously someone is buying at that level, so why do people seem so shocked when someone says they have that type of system. The owner could have slaved his *** off to be able to afford it. Or he could have had it handed to him on a silver platter, but in the end it doesn't really matter.

I would have a problem with someone saying "my box is awesome and the rest of you suck", but that wasn't what Unforgiven did. He said, "because I can", which I don't read as negative at all. I recently upgraded my P4 2.4 to a 2.8. Why? Because it's the fastest processor my aging motherboard will handle, and because I was able to O/C it to 3.0... and because I can.

Comment

People took this seriously? Kill me. :down:

Comment

Originally posted by sicjoke
        a high spec computer is not a substitute for a having tiny *****...
        go away....

:bored:
        OMG roofles my waffles!!!!:haha:

Comment

Re: Re: This thread was intended to be a joke

Originally posted by nightstormer
          If you missed my post, I'll reiterate it here for you. You will ping roughly twice as bad on sat as you will on your dialup if you are going to be gaming. That is a fact, most sat has pings of 500 - 800 (or worse). For downloading big files and surfing it will be great though.
          Unforgiven.... ^^^ This post is 100% correct.

Because of latency issues with routing a signal off of a satellite, you will find a sat connection is USELESS for gaming.

Keep your dial-up connection for gaming... You'll find that it is 200% better. The sat can be used for general internet surfing and downloads.

Comment

1. sat connection suks high ping
            2. Western Digtal 80 gig 8mb cache?
            get a raptor drive!!! wtf would you get such a small drive and no prefomance ? i got one raptor 74GB for m C:/ drive its a quik load now and have only windows, doom3 and ut2004 on it, then 1 got two Western Digtal 250 gig 8mb cache for storage. OWNED

Comment

Re: LOL Already fast pc get's insane cpu

Originally posted by Unforgiven
              bla bla bla i brag about my powerful computer cuz i have a small ***** bla bla..
              :up:

Comment

get raptor drive, get 2 6800 ultras with sli, get a fx-53

Comment

Re: LOL Already fast pc get's insane cpu

Originally posted by Unforgiven
                  Why am I dropping a new cpu in? Higher FPS and because I can LOL

On another note, Sometime in 2005 I'm finally dumping dialup and getting a sat connection, dsl, cable is not an option so sat is the only choice for me. So sometime in 05 you'll be running into me in ut2004 servers and if your unlucky get a rocket in the face lol
                  So... wanna give me your old CPU

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrothekilla
                    Agreed, Sat is worse than Dial-up for gaming
                    Aye..good luck getting it to even ping to any servers..

Comment

Originally posted by Folk
                      Unforgiven, don't worry about all the lamers who replied out of jealousy. They don't have a clue who you are or how you managed to afford your rig. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your kit.
                      In some cultures a lack of modesty is considered offensive and the display of wealth is considered vulgar (lacking refinement or cultivation or taste). In others people praise success and the accumulation of material goods.

Just accept that this is cultural difference and people like me will never understand posts like that - joke or otherwise...

Comment

Originally posted by Jezza101
                        In some cultures a lack of modesty is considered offensive and the display of wealth is considered vulgar (lacking refinement or cultivation or taste). In others people praise success and the accumulation of material goods.

Just accept that this is cultural difference and people like me will never understand posts like that - joke or otherwise...
                        :up:

Comment

Well Done!

Im scrounging every fin penny just to get to a Barton 2500+ system

Hope at least your happy

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X