Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[EPIC] Inability to Get out of water/lava/etc

Hi,
    I've noticed this bug since 2k3 come out, but haven't really said anything because the only map i had problems with it was in geothermal water pool spawn. But now, I've died too many times in maps like Deck17 because I can't get out of the lava pool as it won't let me for some reason, probably the static meshes fault. All i get is jumping back up and down and it take about 5 seconds to actually get out, by that time, im already dead. Epic, plz see to this issue, it's been around since 2k3 and I'm suprised it hasn't been addressed. Thank You.

If there's one thing I hate about deck-17 it's that. It's horrible slipping in just near the edge and yet you fail miserably to save yourself despite being so close. I'm fairly sure it's to do with Mesh collision, since I've never experienced that particular problem against BSP surfaces.

Comment

Yup, I'd have to agree there. As much as I dislike Deck17 it can be fun every once in a while. I don't, however, enjoy being unable to get out of the lava pit by the 100A (although bizzarely getting out by the flak cannon seems easier? )

Comment

They could at least change the way you jump out of the water so no matter what map you can still get out easily...

Comment

I love the ''Deck" but getting out of the lava is sooo anoying! Especially by the flack

Comment

get out easily...

LOL.....whats the point in getting out easily??..
            If you fall in you deserve to die...
            Or is lava getting cooler these days?

Comment

Re: get out easily...

Originally posted by Scumfuk
              [screenshot]http://members.ij.net/captbob2112/troll.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

Re: get out easily...

Originally posted by Scumfuk
                Why isn't it instant death then? The fact of the matter is that the same would apply if it was water as well. Do I deserve to be bouncing around at the edge a pool of water that would be no obstacle in reality (even an 'Unreal' reality).

Well done for looking at the subject in question in such a broad and open minded manner :downcast:

Comment

Re: Re: get out easily...

Originally posted by coldplasma
                  [screensht]http://members.ij.net/captbob2112/troll.jpg[/screensht]
                  use [img] tags that distorts the pic

Comment

Agreed, this should most definitely be fixed - via changing the code for getting out of a liquid, as opposed to altering the map(s).

Comment

That's why I like TheDeck2004 more than Deck17: You don't fall into lava or acid, you just fall into a lower level moshpit of rocket spam.

Comment

Fair enough, it probably is a bug, but how many water maps to we really have? If water or lava played a bigger role in the game, I can see it being important to have fixed.

Well, thats really not a stab at you guys for wanting it fixed, I'd just like to see more water maps...

Comment

My problem with it is consistency...

SOMETIMES I can jump right out with minimal damage, sometimes I can jump out after trying for a bit and taking massive damage, sometimes I can't jump out at all.

It would be MUCH less annoying if the results of falling in the lava were the same each time; REAGARDLESS of what those results are.:bored:

Comment

I've fixed the Deck17 lava issue in an LE version. There is some more testing that's being done for other changes that have been made to the map.

etc.

Comment

yes this happens to me too, very annoying

Comment

Working...
                              X