X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Pathos
    Nice! :up:

I was playing CTF the other night and |9|Malakai was using that berserk-shieldgun jump trick to sail thru half the map with the flag. High annoying and very hard to chase somone down when they do that.

Seems like it would take off gobs of health/shield though.
    take face classic for example, you can clear the entire map (from base to base) in 2 berserk jumps and only lose 120HP. if you're stacked with armor and/or health, that's nothing compared to the speed you gain.

this is also why there is no adrenaline in competitive CTF. and why a lot of Ut99ers hate the shield alt. fire.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: AWESOME DUDE

Originally posted by >GA<AG
    Drunk Penguin,

Link works fine for me Drunk Penguin, maybe knock back on the beers

Blaargh,

Awesome dude, thanks heaps man, much appreciated. I tried to find it all throughout google, but I didn't have the eyes at the time.

Thanks again.

Hey, guys, I downloaded that DPM @ www.dodgepromod.com and can't even pass the second levels second jump with the shock. Mind you, I havent been told how to do it, but I'm guessing its the same as a shield jump.

And BoogityBoy, guess what?

I CAN WALL HOP AND DODGE SHIELD JUMP!!!!!! BACKWARDS!! Leanring to move while doing it now.

I can kill DPM with the shield, but when you play the actual game, it doesnt let you use the shield

Oh well, I'm gonna go try it again.

Laterz.

And thanks again Blaargh:up:
    Lol, I'm actually only 15, so I can't even drink yet. The FileFront link is working for me, and I'm downloading your video now.:up:

EDIT: HOLY ****! That was awesome! Some of the most insane moves Ive ever seen. My favorite one would have to be the one at CTF Face Classic. The music was great too, I remember when that song was still popular. XD My only complaint is that the readme file called me a "beoooooocth" and needs to learn some manners.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    AWESOME DUDE

Drunk Penguin,

Link works fine for me Drunk Penguin, maybe knock back on the beers

Blaargh,

Awesome dude, thanks heaps man, much appreciated. I tried to find it all throughout google, but I didn't have the eyes at the time.

Thanks again.

Hey, guys, I downloaded that DPM @ www.dodgepromod.com and can't even pass the second levels second jump with the shock. Mind you, I havent been told how to do it, but I'm guessing its the same as a shield jump.

And BoogityBoy, guess what?

I CAN WALL HOP AND DODGE SHIELD JUMP!!!!!! BACKWARDS!! Leanring to move while doing it now.

I can kill DPM with the shield, but when you play the actual game, it doesnt let you use the shield

Oh well, I'm gonna go try it again.

Laterz.

And thanks again Blaargh:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I link that link is broken, its giving me a 404.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks like it is at FileFront: http://files.filefront.com/UT2004___.../fileinfo.html

Thanks for bumping this. I rarely incorporate shield jumps into my flag runs and I need to see more examples.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BoogityBoy Please Repost Your Movie

Yo Boogity, long time no c.

I lost all my Movies and badly need flag funning back dude.
    Please I would appreciate much if you could re-seed it for me. Thanks dude.

A Fan

Leave a comment:

• replied
    FCP

Originally posted by LittleDonny
    Premiere is still the best, except the easiest and best value is Apple’s iMovie, since it is full-featured and free. Of course I am forced to use Premiere at my place of work due to platform politics. I’ve been doing digital video editing since 1998 and believe that if you have the money (and assuming you are using a PC) that Premiere is the best overall program. If you are using a Mac though, then you will do what the people in the film industry do and buy a Mac and plop down a cool grand for Final Cut Pro –_I’ve seen that program demoed before and although I felt lost watching the guy use it, I was amazed at how righteous and certifiably bad-*** it is.
    I was burned a few times by Premiere in the good old days and have studiosly avoided it. The new, Windows-only version may have pulled it back into the same ballpark as other alternatives, I guess.

You can get Final Cut Express, which gives you most of the FCP experience, for only about $300, so it's pretty affordable. And I certainly love the full FCP! Work with it every day. The next killer Apple video app is Motion, which has already mostly replaced After Effects for me. It's unbelievably slick, especially for a version 1.0.

In terms of "feeling lost", try watching someone use Apple's Logic Pro (audio). It's super-featured and customizable. And it features "screensets" where you can set up windows and options and save that set to be triggered at a single keystroke. I have 9 screensets and if you watch me -- and I'm not a Logic guru -- you'll see the screen flashing from one set to another as I work and that's incredibly disorienting to watch.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^^

Thanks for the link, this will help out bigtime.

BTW i managed to pull off that face wall climp, lots of fun that is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kronos
    Great video, i didn't even know stuff like this was possible. I managed to pull off the face tower jump, didn't quite get as far as you did, don't think i have the timing right on the double jump at the peak. How do you do the climbing up the wall one? Is it another shield jump, double jump, or maybe a wall jump.

Does anyone know of a mutulator or something that will allow you to have the Berserk combo on all the time, so you can practice some of this stuff?
    http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb2/pa...a6ce9b783acc1b

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The Tricky movie was imo better. But that is probably because you also played on DM maps, which I only play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you record the demo offline you should just be able to hit the "behindview" key (F4 is default I think) while you watch it. If you can't I have no idea why not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BooGiTyBoY
    I did those demos offline.
    I can't play back my demo's in 3rd person, yours could. Just wondering how.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Yurimasa
    Just one Q... Why Berzerk?
    Answer: Because it's FUN! hehe
    Lots of the jumps I do are basedon fun factor only and I realy don't expect them to be used "for real." The ones without berzerk though can be used in matches quite well if you have the health and someone to back you up. (i.e. get in the way of enemy fire for you... )

Kronos, if you're offline you can just type in the console (hit the ~ key):

loaded

This will give you all weapons/ammo and full adrenaline for practicing.
    ALso the wall climbing is done by "popping" the shield gun up the wall.

1) Charge shield.
    2) Jump +release shield
    3) As you're going up "pop" the shield gun against the wall at a slight angle before you hit the peak of your first jump. You can double-jump as you hit the first wall-pop, although after some practice you can wait until your second one for added height.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great video, i didn't even know stuff like this was possible. I managed to pull off the face tower jump, didn't quite get as far as you did, don't think i have the timing right on the double jump at the peak. How do you do the climbing up the wall one? Is it another shield jump, double jump, or maybe a wall jump.

Does anyone know of a mutulator or something that will allow you to have the Berserk combo on all the time, so you can practice some of this stuff?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great video :up: like it a lot

Leave a comment:

Working...
X