Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Yurimasa
    Downing tomorrow perhaps, bit busy today.
    Just one Q... Why Berzerk? This renders all jumps useless for A LOT of clanwars and public servers since we don't use adrenaline no more. Good thing imo, cause afaik it got silly for a while with people doing uberfast caps on maps like Citadel.
    he has showcased quite a few jumps w/o berzerk, using berzerk can get you some really nice jumps tho, if adren is on (usually is on pubs, so they would be effective jumps on pub servers)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Downing tomorrow perhaps, bit busy today.
    Just one Q... Why Berzerk? This renders all jumps useless for A LOT of clanwars and public servers since we don't use adrenaline no more. Good thing imo, cause afaik it got silly for a while with people doing uberfast caps on maps like Citadel.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I did those demos offline.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Question: did you use a serverside demorecording (cuz of the 3rd person ability)? And if so could you post a link? Haven't been able to find it myself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do exactly what you said above Ickle but instead of the dodge when you turn 40-50 degress, just keep moving that way for a step before you complete the turn and then dodge...
    The idea is to go from facing forwards to facing backwards as smoothly as possible while still keeping your forward momentum.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow. Another great video . I can get some of them but others are still trouble .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hang on.

So you're saying what you do is not actually an extended 'diagonal dodgejump' with a shield thrown in.

And by that i mean:
    1)run forwards
    2)turn the 40-50 or so degrees and dodge in the direction opposite to what you just turned
    3)turn the rest of the 180°
    4)tap shield

??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's a short demo of the Face top of the tower jump.

Here's how to get the farthest jump without losing momentum. Hopefully I can explain this so it makes sense with the demo.

Face Demo

To do the "quick-turn-dodge" is reallly easy but you need to practice it a bit. When you watch the demo first-person you can see just as I hit the edge of the ramp going up, I turn 180 as I'm running. The secret to not losing momentum is making a smooth transition from forward to sideways. As you are turning and hit the 90 degree point you want to switch to your sideways movement key so the strafing keeps your forward momentum going. Keep the turn going and you want to start the backwards dodge before you hit the 180 mark (facing completey backwards from where you started)

Hmmm.. I hope that actually helps someone and doesn't just confuse the **** outta ya.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Every time I try and do something like this I always get shot just before I try it - usually turning me into a fast moving cloud of gibs as I do the jump straight after I get shot...:bulb:

First time I tried it I flew for miles...straight into a vat of acid goo...*sigh*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    after looking at it some more i realized how incredibly helpful it actually is. Since gore is on, a little bit of blood shows up every shield dodge, thats the only way i figure'd out how you did the face jump (the first one, into the reedemer area) But definitely making a tutorial movie would be great, even just a bunch of jumps from a good angle where you can easily see what is done. One of these days i need to get some time and talk to you on xfire to show me some.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What's happening is that I'm getting out there and then my forward momentum just dies. I'm not getting enough forward momentum off the top.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Use berzerk combo.
    Make sure you're dodging backward and the shield goes off on the "flat" part up there, not on the ramp surface...
    Also make sure you hit the double jump at your peak. You will go farther if you run and do it as opposed to just standing. It actually does give you a bit more momentum.

I get a thumbs down for repeated jumps? :cry:
    I only did two and they were with berzerk jumps instead! Gimme half a point! lol.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My thoughts...

:up: - Another fun video
    :up: - Good use of various tricks to show what can be done
    :up: - The one at the end, in Grendelkeep, was the best in terms of functionality

:down: - Some repeated stuff

I can never get the Facing Worlds one, going from the top of the base to mid. However, the way I'm trying is I'm running forward, then turning and dodging backwards as I hit it (trying to keep forward momentum going).

Though, now that I think about it, I don't think you can do it running and you should be able to get the same distance just standing there and doing it.

[EDIT: nawp, not even standing still can I get to the keg -- I can only get to the middle of the gap]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BooGiTyBoY
    When you do them are you just jumping backwards or dodging backwards?
    The backwards dodge will give you more distance than the normal jump. You want to release the shield just after the second dodge tap.
    Ok, Ive been dogng, it must be my angle and timing, thx anyways.:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Fuzzlebunny
    That's pretty cool.
    Does that mean berserk affects damage as well? I thought it only increased the fire rate.
    Strangely, when I tested it, a fully charged shield burst does 53 damage to me, berzerk or no.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X