Bots and Cicadas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bots and Cicadas

I've been noticing something odd about the bots and how they use Cicadas. The bots can put out an incredible amount of chaff in a short amount of time, making it impossible to hit the Cicada, even if you have 32 AVRiL rockets locked onto it. What's more, there is no gunner in the Cicada. The bot in the driver position is firing both the rockets (at the normal rate of fire) and the chaff (at about 5 every second) without any interruption.

Yeah Cicadas are like that, even the verticle velocity is super fast. Dodging Avrils is real easy just by flying up and down far and fast. Only way to take it down that way is to get a turret or have everyone focus on it.

Comment

No, I mean that the bots are firing the chaff far faster than they are supposed to. I just spectated a Godlike 32-player botmatch in ONS-Torlan with Cicada and AVRiL arena. No one on foot could touch the Cicadas. The only times when Cicadas were destroyed was when another Cicada shot it.

Comment

Why're you using avrils to take down something with avril defense?

It's called a shock rifle. They're these new-fangled things tha....

Comment

Yes, I realize that you can use shock rifles and lightning guns. The point is that the bots are firing far faster than they are supposed to.

Comment

His point was the bots cheat.

And my point is that they cheat in quite a few other things too. This is why I don't play against bots. :up:

Comment

I guess im the only one that actually like the bots as they are, i only need Adept bots to get a nice match in all gametypes.

Comment

Adept bots don't dodge or combo much, but cheat just as much as the Masterful ones. Try Masterful.

Comment

Originally posted by Daspadger
                  I guess im the only one that actually like the bots as they are, i only need Adept bots to get a nice match in all gametypes.
                  nice 1, u and I can both feel smug that we havent played the game to death so that we can still enjoy it. Why is there all this pressure to be just so good at something thats supposed to be entertaining - all that happens is you kill the game as it's inevitable weaknesses are highlighted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jezza101
                    nice 1, u and I can both feel smug that we havent played the game to death so that we can still enjoy it. Why is there all this pressure to be just so good at something thats supposed to be entertaining - all that happens is you kill the game as it's inevitable weaknesses are highlighted.
                    Nice to not be alone

Xyx: i'll try it when i get home, but first:

CrapToiletToPieces=true

Comment

Heh. We ran into this a bit in development for Excessive Overkill. The bots would seem to have a much higher ROF with the shock rifle secondary. I can't remember what MadNad did to fix it, but I think it was something he did.
                      Anyways, the masterful bots we use actually pull some pretty swanky weapon jumping(weapon jumping is a feature of EO) and snipe you as they sail over your head...talk about cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Daspadger
                        I nearly like them the way they are, too.
                        Concerning the cicada, i don't think they cheat. Good players are able to switch from one seat to the other and react quite fast. Even average players, actually, as i'm able to do it. Remember that if you shoot the rocket over the cicada then lock on it, the gunner is doomed (so is the driver).
                        They're quite good with the rockets, too, but are really easy to push away with a Shock, so it's balanced

Comment

Hold up! (I am a little slow) The Cicada has chaff? Whats the default to use this chaff?

Comment

It's the alt fire when you're in the gunner position.

Comment

Originally posted by ~o~wombat~o~
                              It's the alt fire when you're in the gunner position.
                              Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X