ONS Points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

> (Cain's ).

Mmmm...pretty much the only server I play on. with all the complaining that goes on about how noone in pubs knows how to play ONS I *rarely* run into that on Cain's lair. Nothing like the 32 man Primeval slugfest or the core-half-destroyed-yet-they-came-back comeback on arctic stronghold.

Comment

Originally posted by -]FusiøN[-
      I'm used to it. Skills arent that high here in Europe compared to most USA servers (Cain's :up: ). :noob:
      Play more on the Jolt 5 and Jolt 6 servers.
      I am pubbing much less on CWL and more on the jolt 5&6 these days. I often have good games there. But it is true that most servers are full of idiots. They are not noobs, many have been playing for some time now. They are just stupid, incompetent, lazy and just plain ****.
      I don't bother too much because the amount of idiots just puts me in a bad mood. I'd rather try to organise a praccy or just go DM pubbing.

And get back in a clan! I want to play you in a clan match.

Comment

Originally posted by =XM=
        And get back in a clan! I want to play you in a clan match.
        They are just stupid, incompetent, lazy and just plain ****.
        I rest my case. Not many know this, but I've played in the most taxwise skilled clan in the hardest league ever seen in ut history. ut99 assault @ utassault.net.

It was well know that clan ]UAS[ had the best tax in the league, clanleader Supermic was simply a master at it. Here was a clan that exploited every know bug, bump, rocket, single or doublehammer launch, spawn spots, defense positions, best way to spam, best way to attack, etc, etc. Compared to ut99 assault, onslaught is childsplay.

I don't want to be in a clan cause people know the game, I want a clan that breaths, feels, lives Onslaught, know instinctly where everyone is, know what the quickest way is to get from point a to b in a manta. Use the left rock to collide and get the highest to soar all the way to the other side and know exactly when to drop down cause they are flying over an enemy spawnpoint.

Teams where one person avrils the sky, protecting the tank, shooting a node, whilst getting healed by a 3rd. Teams that can shoot a node from afar, or behind a rock with the flake and inmediatly turn around if they hear footsteps comming from behind. When node 1 is up, 2 and 3 must instantly be touched. Just by the blink of an eye, you know what to do, how to do it and where.

Teamtax! Not just some goons who aim well and can drive a manta. and say before the match: "you three go there, we go there and we'll see from that point....ow yeah. mrpunisher has the raptor spawn to go to deemer" I've seen enough of those and I was not impressed.

Comment

It was well know that clan ]UAS[ had the best tax in the league,
          Tax?

Comment

Short for tactics

Comment

Originally posted by Jezza101
              I find the backlash against people enjoying score/stats/etc a bit odd - it's a bit like people are scared that others will think they are good just because they got a high score and OMG we cant have that can we. Some of us really arent out to prove anything - it's personal entertainment, why dont you like us having fun in this way?
              Well said.

I've asked the same question as the OP (twice, actually) and got the same responses, which fell into two categories:

1. "I think it's maybe 'X' points for this and 'Y' points for that." In other words, no one actually knows. If someone did know, the question wouldn't keep coming up.

2. "Who cares about points anyway, they're worthless you point *****"

In other words, the same stuff you always see on this forum... either people chiming in with their two cents when they obviously don't know the answer, or flaming someone who poses a valid question.

Did I mention that this forum sucks?

Comment

Short for tactics
                OK.

Comment

What an ONS clan should be like
                  That is what I have worked hard to make TOS into, it's working although taking it's time. Coordination is still lacking often especially in moments of panic. But more and more everyone knows exactly what to do, when and where.
                  Never having to go or worry about a certain node because you know exactly who is handling that. Being told that the enemy tank will respawn in 5 seconds by someone, and another voice saying his raptor is already on his way. The adrenaline rush before the start and then everything fitting into place like clockwork as soon as the game starts. Having precise ideas of priorities in every possible configuration of node ownerships. Knowing precisely when a node is falling accross the map because someone is telling you. Knowing that if your tank is in danger someone one shot away from a wicked sick will suicide and appear at the node next to you to help you. Always having a vehicle because you know who will give you a lift and where. Knowing which vehicle would be best to go assault a node because you have been asked for a particular type of support. Knowing where everyone is or is going to without asking or being told. Teamwork, coordination, communication, a flexible strategy and good tactics. It's nowhere near perfect but we make the effort and it bears fruits.

Since we came out of hibernation at the end of august, this is the most fun I have ever had with a computer game. Playing ONS is simply great. I don't care whether I lose or win, it's just incredibly enjoyable.

The difference from pub play is so blatant that I can't take pubbing for very long. I just get in a bad mood whether my team wins or not and I start being annoying to other people. It just feels wrong. It's a completely different game. The very fact that threads like these exist is why pub ONS is never going to be much fun for me anymore.

So I ask you once more: get yourself in a good clan again.

Comment

The difference from pub play is so blatant that I can't take pubbing for very long. I just get in a bad mood whether my team wins or not and I start being annoying to other people. It just feels wrong. It's a completely different game. The very fact that threads like these exist is why pub ONS is never going to be much fun for me anymore.
                    Nope, public has public's fun. I like pub becasue I'm free to try out any way I want to play. If the server is full of noobs, either quit or just do some target pratice, no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by =XM=
                      ....hhhhhmmmmm.....guh....mmm......gaaaah.....oooo oh...mmmm...

Edit: Too bad your team is French. And (Tp) wasnt a good clan. Good lads, but not a good clan.

Comment

Originally posted by -]Fusi�N[-
                        I rest my case. Not many know this, but I've played in the most taxwise skilled clan in the hardest league ever seen in ut history. ut99 assault @ utassault.net.

It was well know that clan ]UAS[ had the best tax in the league, clanleader Supermic was simply a master at it. Here was a clan that exploited every know bug, bump, rocket, single or doublehammer launch, spawn spots, defense positions, best way to spam, best way to attack, etc, etc. Compared to ut99 assault, onslaught is childsplay.

I don't want to be in a clan cause people know the game, I want a clan that breaths, feels, lives Onslaught, know instinctly where everyone is, know what the quickest way is to get from point a to b in a manta. Use the left rock to collide and get the highest to soar all the way to the other side and know exactly when to drop down cause they are flying over an enemy spawnpoint.

Teams where one person avrils the sky, protecting the tank, shooting a node, whilst getting healed by a 3rd. Teams that can shoot a node from afar, or behind a rock with the flake and inmediatly turn around if they hear footsteps comming from behind. When node 1 is up, 2 and 3 must instantly be touched. Just by the blink of an eye, you know what to do, how to do it and where.

Teamtax! Not just some goons who aim well and can drive a manta. and say before the match: "you three go there, we go there and we'll see from that point....ow yeah. mrpunisher has the raptor spawn to go to deemer" I've seen enough of those and I was not impressed.
                        I'm quoting the whole thing, 'cause it reflects *exactly* how I feel about it.
                        I wish I could find a clan like the one you describe,
                        and I wish I was good enough to enter it (having just started, I think that's in doubt :-)

If you find such a clan *ARGH* whisper it this way, will you?
                        Thanks,
                        F.O.R.

Comment

Working...
                        X