ONS Points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONS Points?

Ok, I basically *just* started playing UT2K4 (about a month ago).
    The question is:
    does anyone have a definitive guide on how points are assigned in a standard ONS match?
    If so, could you post a link or the guide?

Most often I get a lot of points, even when my kill/killed ratio is bad, so I'm just curious.

I searched the forums but got 145 pages of results....
    :-)

Thanks in advance,
    F.O.R.

Sorry, but someone from Epic has deemed that your question is a closely guarded secret. You will not find anywhere in Epic's documentation anything even approaching an answer to your question.

It's ludicrous, when you think about it. At the end of each and every ONS game you are presented with a scoreboard full of points, and yet no one can tell you exactly how those points were scored.

Comment

Originally posted by Folk

It's ludicrous, when you think about it.
      Actually, it's not.

Not putting the scoring in the manual allows them to tweak how it's done in the patches.

Dissapointing perhaps, but not ludicrous.

Besides, the only score that counts is the team score.

Comment

You get 4-6 points for destroying a node. You get an unknown amount for the core. And you get 4-6 points for building a node alone and you get like 1 point for every %25 of the node you built so if 4 people each put %25 into a node they each get 1 point. Now this might be the same with destroying them also or this might be wrong all the way.

Comment

(double)(sigh)

1~ cool, at least I'm not the only one clueless about this;
          2~ maybe not ludicrous, but I find this extremely odd.... even if they revealed the scoring system, it doesn't mean they couldn't change it with a patch -they'd just have to include the changes in the changes log...
          3~ bah ! I guess I'll keep on playing as I am, since I seem to rack up points :-)

Thanks for the info,
          maybe I'll go to petitions online next :-)
          F.O.R.

Comment

Originally posted by Fnix.USA
            You get 4-6 points for destroying a node. You get an unknown amount for the core. And you get 4-6 points for building a node alone and you get like 1 point for every %25 of the node you built so if 4 people each put %25 into a node they each get 1 point. Now this might be the same with destroying them also or this might be wrong all the way.
            Good to know !
            Thanks,
            F.O.R.

Comment

As for node building:
              You get 1 point when you build 1/4 of a node with a link gun alt-fire, as mentioned above.
              When the node reaches completion, the one who touched it (triggering the construction) scores 2 addditional points.

You get more points for fragging an opponent that is in a vehicle, e.g. destroying a manta with an opponent inside scores 3 points.

Comment

It goes something like this but it can be situational in some areas.

Nodes:
                ---------
                5 Points for constructing a node fully by yourself
                4 Points for constructing a node with help
                2 Points for just touching the node and letting it build on it's on
                4 Points for taking down a node by yourself
                2 Points for taking down a node with help
                1 Point for every 1/5th of the node healed

Frags:
                --------
                1 Point for frag
                -1 Point for suicide/killing yourself
                2 Points for First Blood (not positive)

I believe you get points for Killing Sprees and such, but can't say for sure. You also possibly get more points when defending a node and make a kill. Also possibly for making kills while on foot against someone in a vehicle.

Core:
                -------
                10 Points for destroying the core solo on foot
                5 Points for destorying the core solo in a vehicle
                # Points spread amongst those who do the most damage to the core

Comment

what i know is:

10 for core destruction
                  5 for node destruction (don't know if it matter s how much health it had)
                  1 for frag
                  2 for a finished node
                  and 1 for every 25% of the node you charge / repair of a damaged node

Touching and charging a node to full gives you 4 points

Comment

Another thing I expected points for was denying a redeemer (did that a couple of times yesterday, but the stats page doesn't even report it !).

Sounds like we may want to open a page on the Wiki and collect our accumulated knowledge on this, da ?

F.O.R.

Comment

Another thing I expected points for was denying a redeemer (did that a couple of times yesterday, but the stats page doesn't even report it !).
                      I asked that a few times already.

Comment

The only score whats defenetly right is the 1 Point for each frag. The rest is all speculation, any time i play its different. For example, yesterday i hit the core a couple of times on foot with flag shells, but wasnt the one who destroyed it, got killed when the core was down to 10. After 2 min the core was down, i looked about 2 sec before on my scoreboard. the final score was 25 points higher. now figure that.
                        i think its pathatic that nobody from the officials give a proper info on the score system, no matter how complicated it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ~RIP~Maverick=F
                          i think its pathatic that nobody from the officials give a proper info on the score system, no matter how complicated it is.
                          I couldn't agree more.

Comment

It is ONS, who cares about your individual score, if you want to get a "score" go to DM, cause ONS is not your cup of tea.
                            ONS is about killing the powercore, not how many points you get and how many you can get while your team gets slaughterd.

Blue - "****, we lost! but hey, i got 34 points! best on the team! woooo"

ummmm u still LOST, next time stop trying to get points and get nodes.

/rant off lol (i did not think i was ranting till i actually re-read it, but i am too lazy to re-write it)

Comment

You get 3 pts making a frag near a node or core your team controled.

Comment

Working...
                              X