Weapon bob - does it kill your aim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon bob - does it kill your aim?

I can't tell...does weapon bob simply bob your weapon, or does it bob your whole point of view? Does this impair aim? Because I like the feel of having it on, but I don't know whether it's "good for me".

Not for me, i cant concentrate if the weapons look like cr*p.

Comment

as far as i can tell it doesnt munt your aim... and its meant to add a little realism to the game, even though its 'unreal'

Comment

It's a purely aesthetic thing. You're true aim doesn't 'bob along'. So turning it off is recommended. I play with weapons hidden anyway...
        Landing Viewshake does have an effect on your aim so leave that on.

Comment

I read here somewhere that it doesn't effect the aim, but the landing viewshake does.

Comment

turn it off?

Comment

The actual bobbing motion has no effect on aim... However, it is an unnecessary distraction that adds nothing to your ability to frag.
              ^^^ My rule of thumb is: if it doesn't help, turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by NotoriousBIC
                It's a purely aesthetic thing. You're true aim doesn't 'bob along'. So turning it off is recommended. I play with weapons hidden anyway...
                Landing Viewshake does have an effect on your aim so leave that on.
                er that post is confusing the hell out of me.
                your saying that you like green cheese, but your recommending the blue variety???

Comment

Alright, let me break it down for you:

View bob doesn't affect your aim (positively or negatively), so Notorious BIC suggests turning it off. In BIC's case however, it's a moot point because s/he plays with hidden weapons.

Landing viewshake, on the other hand, does have an effect on your aim; therefore, it shouldn't be turned off.

Comment

Just what NotoriousBIC said. The server doesn't know weapon bob, you only see it client side. So the bob causes a difference between what you see and what is actually there.
                    Another subtle effect of the bob is that you get used to its rhythm. You will more or less synchronize your movement and shooting with that rhythm. Which is bad, IMO. My aim got better instantly when I turned the bob off.

The landing view shake, however, is real in that it's also considered server side, hence it should be left on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sqube

Landing viewshake, on the other hand, does have an effect on your aim; therefore, it shouldn't be turned off.
                      but why would you want to leave something on that would affect your aim??? :bulb:

Comment

showgun 0

^ Your friend

Comment

Landing viewshake should be off merely because it slows you down. I don't really care what it does to my aim.

I don't notice the bob either way, so off or on is irrelevant. I'm not sure about the 'some weapons shake' option though. As far as I can tell, it's only the Link.

Comment

Originally posted by Donut
                            but why would you want to leave something on that would affect your aim??? :bulb:
                            Check the tips from Lotus: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=410803

i) Weapon bob. Turn it off. This is a fake effect, the aim does not actually bob. So, much like world detail, it is nothing but a hindrance.

j) Landing viewshake. Keep it on. Why? Beacuse, unlike bobbing, this effect is REAL, whether or not you have it turned off client side. If you turn it off, the server will think you are aiming further down than you are upon landing.

Comment

yay thankya kindly sir for explaining this landing viewshake *******s to me. kthx

Comment

Working...
                              X