Unreal Engine 4 speculation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Engine 4 speculation?

Hey, what do you guys speculate will be in Unreal Engine 4? I mean Unreal Engine 3 already can do literally film quality visuals, so I cant wait to see what Teh Sweeney can do for UE4!

Um...better visuals?

I've never heard of the "Star Trek UT" in your sig. Link?

Comment

I'll wait to see U3 first

Comment

Ask me in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by marshdabeachy
          Ask me in 2010.

Comment

I dont thik even Tim Sweeney can predict that far ahead. Besides the XNA\DirectXNext\Longhorn architecture hasnt been revealed yet. Not to mention pure 64-bit OSes/processors

I guess they'll still be fixing and upgrading UE3 even in 2006. Look at the difference between U2 and UT2004 a lot of changes happened in the build. Theres a long way to go before UE4 thats for sure. Too bad the gap between Cg and games has closed somewhat, old gamers just wont have the same excitement anymore.

Comment

they better have half friggen decent vehicle hitboxes, if what i see is right(watching buzz vtms) you cant specify a hitbox more complexe than a simple box.

oh and not some hacked hovercraft for tanks.. how about some real tank treads, that not only look good like Bf1942's eyecandy treads but even work better, as in bf1942 the treads are just eyecandy and the tanks actually use wheels. i would hope they get this down pat in the next version. also with all those kick **** shaders and what have you, we wont be seeing annoying alpha channel glitches.

and i hope the tank mingun turrets and the minigun dont use hitscan... they should replace the bullets with lazer trails if they stay on hitscan to stop throwing everyone off in what looks to be a game mechanics blunder.

hope too see some sexy ammo counters and hawt door switchs like in doom3.. and the elevators in ut2k4 are nub, grassyknoll+invasion for an example, hope that can be sorted out :S

dont get me wrong, i love ut2k4 play it every night but.. it feels like it could have been pollished to a high gloss.. compaired to what it is now. Hope a few years from now the new ut is everything we hope for.

Comment

GG 10 years from now there wont be video games. There will be teleporters in every house. And gamers will teleport to other peoples house's just to beat them up for talking smack about them. **** teleporters are going to own!

Comment

3 Mile wide levels.

Comment

Originally posted by marshdabeachy
                    Ask me in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimlock
                      3 Mile wide levels.
                      I thought we already had that? :weird:

Comment

Originally posted by Phx
                        I thought we already had that? :weird:
                        I think he meant the screen will be 3 miles wide...

Comment

i can't wait for 3 so god knows wot 4 wud b like, aslong as you'll be able to run it on a system that at the time is less than £500 i don't mind

Comment

UEngine4 is a chip the is inserted to your neck.
                            So if you put it on before night you play in your sleep.

Comment

A smell-generator.

Comment

Working...
                              X