wo... cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wo... cool

I never watched the stats or ranking or anything but I just checked and noticed I was #7 on ctf for the week! lol

on the ELO ranking thing, don't know what it is haha

i dont get it.. lol

Comment

ELO is just a ranking system. Generally it means you get some points for killing people that have a higher ELO ranking than you, you get less points for people that have a lower ELO ranking than you, you lose a few points if you get killed by people that have a higher ELO ranking than you and you lose lots of points if you get killed by people with a lower ELO ranking than you.

Comment

Originally posted by UrFatMom
        i dont get it.. lol
        He means, "OMFGWTFPWNSBBQ! YOU'RE AT TEH TOP OF TEH LADDUR!"

Comment

no I suck, I was just pointing out that if I am 7th the whole ctf community sux

that's what I tryed to say

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
            ELO is just a ranking system. Generally it means you get some points for killing people that have a higher ELO ranking than you, you get less points for people that have a lower ELO ranking than you, you lose a few points if you get killed by people that have a higher ELO ranking than you and you lose lots of points if you get killed by people with a lower ELO ranking than you.
            So it's like PageRank for UT2004 stats? That's really cool. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
              ELO is just a ranking system.
              No No No it's also a 80's band :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by -Loric-
                No No No it's also a 80's band :bulb:
                Doesn't surprise me. If you pick a random word, or something that sounds like a word, chances are pretty good it's also an 80's band.

Comment

Originally posted by joepjens
                  It means nothing.

I really dont see what is wrong with setting yourself the challenge of getting a high stat rank. It's a good as an objective as any.

Topping the stats doesnt mean you are 'the best', no one is stupid enough to think that (well almost no one), but it does mean you are the best at getting to the top of the stats...

What is it with the anti stats brigade trying to spoil peoples fun - is it that they just cant stand people who arent 'the best' receiving some kind of recognition? Do you feel its not fair that people look like they're on top of the game but in reality they might not be? It's like your worried that people are going to think they are better than they really are!

Comment

How many times on the same forum do we have to go over the fact stats don't prove ****? As hectic said: they show where you have been and a little of what you have done, but they don't prove ****.

Comment

Originally posted by -Sasuke-
                      How many times on the same forum do we have to go over the fact stats don't prove ****? As hectic said: they show where you have been and a little of what you have done, but they don't prove ****.

Well as I say above, getting to the top of stats prove you are the best at getting to the top of stats...

...I do see your point though - but peeps should remember that some of us look at things from a different angle: I enjoy the challenge of getting good stat ranks, what people find it hard to understand is that I have no desire to prove that Im the greatest or anything like that. Lots of peeps, like me, just play for the fun of it. Some competative players find that really hard to understand! Getting to the top of stats is a personal challenge - its quite tough too... no one ever got to the top of stats (through 'normal' play) by being awful at the game!

Try it yourself... it's a good challenge and gave me a little more to play for when I started losing interest in the game

I know that getting to the top of the stats rank doesnt make me better than all of the other peopl in the ladder, but im sure as hell gonna be proud of it anyway

Cheers dudes.

Comment

Working...
                      X